Friday, July 4, 2008

Dave's Home for 10 Days

My brother Dave is home on leave for 10 days! He then will be off to Maryland. We are so excited that he isn't going to be deployed to Iraq! We all went to the airport to welcome him home. On his way, Dave called to tell his wife, Maren, that after he had boarded his flight in Florida, the flight attendant came back to get him because a man in first class wanted to give up his seat to let Dave sit there instead. Isn't that nice??? Then, while we were all standing at baggage claim waiting for him, I had noticed a lady with a very expensive looking lense taking a bunch of pictures of our family. After Dave arrived, I watched her as she continued to take a ton pictures from all different angles. After everyone was done greeting him, this lady came over and told Maren that she was a photographer from Chicago and had noticed us as she came off her flight. She thought it was so neat that we were all there, that she stayed to take pictures for us. She is going to email them to Maren. It reminded me that there are still a lot of good people in the world. It is great to see that the American public can be so supportive of our troops.

Dave had to buy his own ticket to get home. Can you believe that the military won't pay for their men and women to get home??? Unbelievable!!! Luckily Delta Airlines offers a military discount and so it cost Dave $520 for a one-way flight instead of $740. Way to go Delta!!! Southwest doesn't offer a military discount. Once again, unbelievable!!! Maren and Dave's daughter Liberty
It was so sweet to see how excited Maren and Libby were for Dave to get home
Dave and his adoring nieces
Dave, Libby, and my cute Grandpa
Dave & Liberty
Dave and the grandkids and my parents home that my mom had decorated with all the scout flags
Dave trying to encourage my little Choncho to join the Marines
We love you Dave!


5 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Ahhh I love that he got to fly first class thanks to some awesome guy! Also the picture of Dave hugging his wife and daughter made me get tears in my eyes! What a wonderful thing he does and the sacrafices made by your family are unimaginable for sure. I am glad he is home and is not going to Iraq!!!!!!!

Courtney said...

I love those pictures!! the one of Dave and his family hugging is priceless!! So cute!

Natalie said...

Thanks for posting these awesome photos; I'm sitting the office crying my eyes out because 1) I wish we could have been there and 2) Dave's and your patriotism inspires me! The pictures of him, Maren, and Libby are so darling. All of the nieces and little Choncho are adorable! I hope you all had a marvelous Independence Day and that you rocked out big time to Hannah Montana! :)

Ruth said...

How awesome for the 4th of July!! How appropriate!! Very cool pic's I got emotional!

Kyle said...

That is so exciting! Those pictures are great and priceless! I can't believe he had to buy his own ticket home...that's crazy!