Saturday, July 19, 2008

Brooklyn Had Her Tonsils Taken Out:(

Yesterday Brooklyn had her tonsils and adenoids taken out. She was a little nervous to put on this hospital gown for fear that she would be exposing herself from behind...but, she loved the green socks that they let her wear and take home as a souvenir.You'd think if we were told to be at the surgery center at 8:15 a.m., we probably wouldn't have to wait very long for the tonsilectomy. After they took us back, we were informed we were 3rd in line with the doctor. An hour and a half later, they actually took her back for her surgery. Thank goodness we had the Nintendo ds with us to keep her busy.
Can you believe this girl just had her tonsils taken out??? She woke up smiling! Rob and I were really worried for Brooklyn to have this done because she tends to be incredibly DRAMATIC! You should see the show she puts on when we leave Utah to come home! I guess we forgot that even though she may be dramatic, she is also always happy. I couldn't keep her down yesterday. Life never stops for Brooklyn! I wish I had her energy!
We were so glad to finally be coming home! Her doctor Robert Mancuso was awesome by the way. If you ever need a Ear Nose Throat doctor, use him!
All along I've been telling myself that as long as I give Brooklyn her pain meds faithfully and never let them lapse, she will not experience too much pain. So last night I set my alarm for 11:40 to give her another dose of medicine. At 1:15 Rob woke me up and I immediately realized I had missed a dose. I had a dream that I had given her her medicine and so when my alarm went off I turned it off and went back to sleep because I thought I had already doped her up. You'd think being 30 years old, I could figure out the difference between a dream and reality?!!!

9 comments:

{jennifer} said...

I can't believe she is smiling after coming out of sugery! She is a super star:) I am glad she is recovering well and is almost back to her perfect self. We love you Brooke!!!!!

Kahananui said...

Aw how sad!! Brooklyn is so sweet!! I hope she's okay and isn't in very much pain. That is amazing how well she is handling it! I remember Dave got his out and he couldn't even move after! She's awesome!! Tell her we all love her and are thinking of her. At least you're willing to give your kids the pain medicine right? :)

Courtney said...

I'm so glad she is doing so great! I was surprised to see her answer the door and all up beat! those pictures of her are so cute! Cute pjs!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey Amy- My little boy Mason just had his out about 3 months ago with the same Dr. LOVE LOVE LOVE him...he is soooo wonderful. We had to stay at the hospital for 2 days , because he is so little (3).
Glad things went well. and YES, the meds are a MUST for about 14 days. (we had the long version of recovery)
- Meredith Urry ( in your ward!)

Natalie said...

Brooklyn is such a sweet, beautiful gal! It was nice of her to talk to Amber on the phone the other night; Amber thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to "chat wis Bwoot-lyn" in person. :)

Angie said...

We missed you guys this summer- glad to have you back. Let's try and get together.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, it's Lacey (Greer) Selden! I found you from Emily's blog, and HOLY COW your kids are so big!! And beautiful! How funny that Brooklyn got her tonsils out...we went through that last week too with Parker. It's so good to "see" you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, email me sometime. I'd love to catch up a little bit!

laceyselden@yahoo.com

Kyle said...

Poor girl...I am glad everything went well!