Thursday, July 17, 2008

Rob Doing the Hula??? Family Luau & Jessica's Temple Sealing

Last week when we were in Utah, my sister Jessica and her husband Dave were sealed together with their son Jaxon in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. There is nothing more special than to see a child come into the temple to be sealed to their parents! It was such an awesome day! My brother-in-law Dave is Hawaiian, so after the sealing we had a luau in my parents backyard.

All the little girls learning a Hawaiian dance

My poor son doesn't stand a chance with all of his sisters. At least he cries when they dress him up like a girl:)
My parents hired a Hawaiian entertainment group to sing and dance. I sure wish my hips could move like this lady's!Dave is an incredible singer! He sang a Hawaiian song for us and I must say he was a lot better than the guys that were hired to sing!
Check out the handsome guy in the striped shirt standing in the back.
Still doing the hula...Still hulaing (is that a word???)...I wish I could figure out how to download my videos onto my computer. These pictures don't do this justice!
My favorite guys!
Alyssa, Kinzie, Brooklyn, Liberty and Ashley at the temple waiting for Jessica and Dave to come out
Hunter could not keep his hands off my niece Whitney. He loves babies!!!
Alyssa doing ring-around-the-rosies with the kids
Dave, Jessica & Jaxon Kahananui (I think I may be the only person in my family that can pronounce their last name:) Yay me!)
Does anyone know of a way to get 9 kids to smile and look at the camera all at the same time?
The Clark family minus my brother in Michigan and his family:(
My family

6 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

I love the kids' outfits! I am glad that you guys had a great trip! We need to get together soon!

Courtney said...

What a cute post! All the outfits are so cute and the enertainment (you've have to figure out how to download Robs hula!!!) You have such a good looking family... (yours and your extended;)!!) The pictures all turned out so cute! Tell Jessica congratulations! Thats so exciting!

{jennifer} said...

How exciting and what a beautiful Temple to be sealed in! All the kids look so, so cute in their outfits! Your parents are so awesome and I'll bet the Luau was such a fun experience, it looks like it from the photos:)

Kyle said...

Love the luau pictures! So cute!

Kahananui said...

That was such a fun trip! We had so much fun with you guys and Dave really loved all you guys too! Thanks for being there and REMEMBERING that we were getting sealed. You're right the pictures don't give the hula dancing justice..you have to figure out how to post the videos!! That was such a fun night and yes, next time Dave is definitely doing the entertainment!! All the kids looked so cute. It turned out so nice!!!

Natalie said...

Adorable pictures and excellent commentary! I'm glad you're a faithful journalist so we can get documentation of the activities we missed. :) By the way, I love the song "I Loved Her First" and teared up (of course) when it started playing on your blog. Your kids are so darn cute!