Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Young Love, Rob's Fireworks and More

It's official...Hunter has his first girlfriend. Every time he and Libby were near each other, they would hug and kiss. I am very aware that they are cousins, but it was too cute to stop:)

Rob spent a couple of hours organizing all of his fireworks and changing the length of the wicks. My grandpa was looking on with amazement.
Rob is somewhat of a pyromaniac. He has even been known to douse ants with gasoline and then light them on fire. He also almost burned down one of my dad's gazebos last year by trying to start a fire with "scout juice". I have never been near such a big explosion! He also succeeded in burning one of my dad's snowmobiles to the ground. This guy loves fire!!! In years past he has been able to stick with legal fireworks for the 4th of July, but he just couldn't resist lighting off the ones that he bought on the Indian Reservation in Nevada. He had assured me that he didn't buy any of the ones that shoot up into the air (other than the one that shot off 90 parachutes...also illegal). Anyway, this year was his best so far. He had multiple fireworks that shot up into the air. When they started to go off for his finale, all I could do was yell, "Rob!!! Rob!!! Rob!!!". I was so worried that we were going to get nailed with a big fine from the city of Alpine or even worse, light the field in front of my parents house on fire. Lucky for us, we were not the only ones lighting off those types of fireworks. I guess the Alpine City Police Department had bigger fish to fry.
Our favorite LEGAL firework
The grandkids on the trampoline
The girls on disney.com oohing and aahing over the Jonas Brothers

3 comments:

Kahananui said...

I love all the pictures of Hunter and Libby. They were so cute together. Robs fireworks were really good this year. I almost took off running when the illegal ones went off!! I was sure the field was going to burn down! We had so much fun with you guys!! Love ya

{jennifer} said...

Mac Daddy Hunter! He is so cute:)

The fireworks look fun, I wish we could do them in AZ. Hello, Nevada and Utah are both deserts too right? Too bad AZ is lame!

Natalie said...

Hunter and Libby crack me up! That is adorable. I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of the girls in the office on disney.com; it seems like for the past year, whenever I can't find Kinzie, she's hidden away checking out High School Musical or some other show online. Your kids are all so darn cute!