Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Disneyland (I lost all of my pictures), Hollywood (lost all but one picture) and Huntington Beach

Does anyone know how to recover lost pictures on memory cards??? When we were in Hollywood, my camera suddenly stopped taking pictures and alerted me that there was a problem with my memory card. I replaced it with another one and had no more problems. I just tried to download all of my pictures from the bad memory card and my computer and camera tell me that there are no images on that memory card. Help!!!

I guess I will have to document Disneyland without any pictures:( On Friday we decided on the spur of the moment to go to Disneyland...an hour and a half later we were on the road. Every year we go to Disneyland during the months of Jan., Feb. or March. These are the best months because most parents are responsible and have their kids in school instead of on vacation. This year was extra busy and so we never made it until now. We have never been on a Saturday, so we were really worried that the crowds would be awful. They surprisingly weren't that bad. I think only 10% of the people there were Americans, so gas prices and the economy must be keeping people home. We finally broke down and bought annual passes this year so I guess I will have to post pictures when we go in Sept. Our kids are all at great ages now for Disneyland! Ashley can ride everything at Disneyland except for Indiana Jones. We had so much fun! The new fireworks this year are incredible!!!
Question 1
How do you lose a 2 year old at Disneyland??? When we were walking down Main Street, I noticed a little Asian boy walking alone in front of us. After following him for a while, we noticed there were no parents around. I grabbed his hand and asked a few people sitting on benches if they had seen where this boy came from. Nobody did, so I found an employee who directed me to the Lost Child building. (I was unaware that there was such a building). Rob and the kids stayed where we found the boy and we never once saw any parents frantically looking for a child. I sure hope he wasn't abandoned on purpose:(
Question 2
Since when did Disneyland stop hiring the "happiest people on earth"? When we were in Bug Land at California Adventures, Rob took all of the girls to ride the bumper cars. Apparently this ride has an age requirement for driving a car by yourself rather than a height requirement. I cannot imagine that this is effective seeing that most guests at Disneyland do not speak English. Rob's plan was to have Alyssa and Brooklyn each drive their own car while he drove with Ashley. When Alyssa got up to the lady that was running the ride, this very grumpy woman asked her how old she was. Alyssa said 6 (somehow forgetting that she turned 7 a month ago). The lady told her she wasn't old enough to drive her own car. Rob informed the lady that she was actually 7...that lady went off on Rob making quite the scene in front of everyone else in line. She was so convinced that Rob was lying and so she made Alyssa leave the ride in tears and left her to watch everybody else drive the bumper cars. Doesn't Disneyland have a policy of "the guest is always right"? If they aren't going to believe the age that the parent says, they need to go off height instead. Unbelievable!!!

Thanks to my memory card breakdown, this is the only picture we have left of Hollywood. We decided to take the kids to walk on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever driven down Hollywood Blvd? All I can say is we were trying desperately to distract our kids and keep them from reading the names of the stores. We started to get really concerned when we saw Batwoman walking down the street carrying a whip. We were relieved when we arrived at Kodak Theatre and discovered the "Superhero" convention that was going on. Unfortunately for all of you, I don't have the pictures that I took of all of those crazy people dressed up like those superheroes. My apologies! Needless to say, we did not get out of the car in Hollywood.
We also spent a day at Huntington Beach. The weather was awesome and the kids had so much fun playing in the sand and swimming in the waves.
Brooklyn is always such a great big sister...always taking care of "Choncho".

Alyssa and Ashley have no fear
Hunter has suddenly become a "daddy's boy":( Isn't this picture cute?

10 comments:

Natalie said...

HOW FUN! I think it's completely awesome that you and Rob will randomly pick up and take your kids on such amazing trips. I'm sad that your memory card is broken; I have no idea how to recover info from them (maybe you should call Best Buy). You are nice to help that poor little boy. I can't believe he was wandering around alone! I hope you had a grand trip. Maybe we can meet you there next time. :)

Kyle said...

I love the beach pictures! My boys are daddy's boys too..its kind of sad (except when they are being naughty and cranky and I can say "they just want their daddy").
I can't believe you lost your Disneyland pictures...hopefully you can recover them!
We are wanting to take our kids to Disneyland this Fall...we should all plan a trip together (I'm thinking it would be a fun game night group idea???)!

{jennifer} said...

Ok so Rob was really serious about "going this Saturday!" I am glad you guys got annual passes, they are so fun! And the best part is when you are in California you can go to Dland for only a few hours (instead of ALL day)and not feel like you are wasting money! That is so SAD about the lost 2 year old! And so sad that the Bug's Land people made Alyssa cry!!!! MEAN, MEAN cast members!

Ok so on the memory card I have no idea how to get the pictures off. Is this your new camera? Did you format the cards before using them? This is the only thing I can think of. If you used your new camera and the card was not formatted it may have just decided not to write the pictures! Frustrating for sure!

The Kriloff Klan said...

How fun! We can always get together for a bbq! I was glad you had a chance to get away! I think we are going to try for Feb! I am taking my kiddos out of school regardless of what my sister (a teacher) has to say about it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I LOVE spontaneous road trips, especially when you end up at Disneyland! We are the same way about going January-March, when crowds are low. It's so much better!! We'll be in DisneyWorld in January, and can't wait!

Sarah said...

You guys are always going on vacation!! I'm so jealous!! Your trip sounds so fun and the pics of Hunter and Rob are so cute.

Pam said...

Hey Amy - Pam Walton from the ward here. Your blog is so cute! If you send me your email I'll invite you to my blog - My email address is pamthemom@yahoo.com.

I grew up in Huntington Beach and I must say I think it is the best beach in the world! We go visit my parents there several times each year and stay a few weeks in the summer. Glad you had fun at my beach (hee hee).

Debbie said...

You guys have had a fun summer!
I love you are spur of the moment like us! :)
We are going back to san diego on thurdsay!
:)
One more last trip before school starts!

Courtney said...

HOW FUN! I guess you need to get ALL your vacation time in before the "lock down" of school begins!! I'm glad you guys got your Dland passes... we'll all have to go one day while at New Port! (This time we can have Alyssa say she is 7 and 2 1/2 months so she can drive her own car!!!)

mandy said...

Hi Amy! You have such a fun family. Your kids are all BEAUTIFUL (not that I'm surprised!). I'm so glad you found my blog--thanks for commenting! Hope you don't mind if I put you on my friends list!