Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Waiting for a Monsoon??? Glitter Toes...by Me!

What is with the umbrellas on a scorching hot, barely cloudy day? My girls so desperately want a monsoon to hit, they get these darn umbrellas out every time they go outside. Mesa had a micro-burst a couple miles from my house last night, but it totally skipped over us. We saw some lightning, but that was it. Everyday my little weather girl (Brooklyn) either asks me what the weather is supposed to be, or she tells me what she has seen on the news. When Brooklyn was preparing for her tonsillectomy, she told me she would be fine being in her bed for a few days because she couldn't wait to just sit in her bed and watch the lightning and the rain from her window. Those darn weather men had predicted a major monsoon Sat. night and Sunday. She was so disappointed to just see a bright hot sun and blue sky out her window...maybe that is why I can't keep her in bed. So I have figured out how to do "glitter toes". At the salon, the lady used acrylic and glitter. When I was at the scrapbook store last week, I picked up some really fine glitter called "sugar coating". Start the process with a very thick layer of base coat quickly followed by pouring a lot of glitter on top. Then shake off the excess and let dry. Then apply two thick coats of top coat and let dry again. It certainly doesn't last as long as the acrylic version, but it looks just as cute and you can change it yourself.

4 comments:

{jennifer} said...

The weather is definitely teasing us! I thought it was going to rain last night too, there was tons of lightening and thunder but the rain was AWOL! I did Alexis' and my toes last Saturday and it did turn out cutish but it is already falling off:( I think I need to go buy a thicker top coat! Sure beats $25 and a drive to Utah to get them done:)

Natalie said...

I'm going to try the glitter toes, they sound adorable and I'm sure my girls will be thrilled (nail polish and glitter...does it get any better than that?!). I hope you all get a rainstorm soon. It sounds like Arizona is pretty parched.

Kahananui said...

I wish I could do my toes like that. I'm not that talented when it comes to that kind of stuff...I have to go get my toes done to look cute and it's too dang expensive to keep up!! I'm going to try to do it though. I can't wait till I have my little girl that I can do that kind of stuff with!

Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is Garret. I am trying to help people in this economy. I have
created a free online directory to help licensed cosmetologists make more
money.

Could you please place this link in the sidebar of your blog.

I am doing this service as charity. I want to help people make their
bills in this time of need.

Glitter Toes

Please help by placing this link in your side bar.

~Glitzy Nails
Garret Merkley

If you have any questions please contact me.

801-390-6195