Monday, July 7, 2008

STADIUM OF FIRE

Hannah Montana

The night before the Stadium of Fire, my sister-in-law's mom came over to our house to visit. She told us she was going to be at the BYU stadium the morning of the Miley Cyrus concert and so Rob sent her with all of the kids U.S. Marine t-shirts and asked Shelly if she could try to get Miley to sign the shirts. If any of you know Shelly, she is someone who can get anything done. There was no better person to give this assignment to. While she was there the next morning, she was talking to one of Miley's assistants and asked if she could get some shirts signed. Shelly was told that she wouldn't be signing any autographs. Shelly then went on to explain that these were U.S. Marine t-shirts and the girls uncle had just gotten home the day before and we were all coming to the Stadium of Fire that night. The assistant went away for a few minutes and when she came back, she told Shelly to give her the shirts and Miley would sign them. So guess what??? Not only did we get to see Hannah Montana in concert...we also got autographed t-shirts! How cool is that??? The pictures don't show the shirts very well, but next to where it say United States Marines, she wrote ROCK and then a heart and Miley. I'm sure glad those are the shirts we sent to get autographed, otherwise I doubt she would have signed them:)

The opening ceremonies were awesome this year. It started with the parachutists jumping out of an airplane, then four F-16s flew over the stadium. I loved watching the national guard pull this flag out onto the field.

Unfortunately, since I had to buy the tickets so quickly, we weren't able to pick our seats. They were still pretty good, but they didn't give us many close pictures. The Blue Man Group was great! I would definitely like to go see their show in Vegas.


Hannah Montana was of course the best part of the show! This girl is so adorable!!! I love all her new music and my girls were in Heaven!!! Alyssa hadn't said much to me the whole time we were there, but during the second song, she leaned over to me and said, "This is awesome!" She sang about 10 songs for us...not bad for $45/ticket. Beats the heck out of $2,000 that some people have had to pay for her concert.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Sammy would have been in HEAVEN! I can't believe you got autographs! I have always wanted to go to Stadium of Fire...looks like fun!

Courtney said...

How cool is that!!! Oh my heck, you guys got lucky with the shirts!! I've been waiting to hear how the concert went! Sounds like you guys are having a ton of fun!!

{jennifer} said...

That is cool your girls had their shirts Hannah-ized! I am glad you guys are having fun! Can you imagine paying $2000 for a ticket???? That is a really nice vacation:)

Natalie said...

Isn't it funny (but sometimes annoying) how my mom can convince anyone to do pretty much anything? It really comes in handy once in a while! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Your girls will have to indulge Amber and Karli in all of their Hannah Montana obsessions because my girls are starting to be crazy about her, too.

Debbie said...

How fun!
I bet your girls were in heaven!