Saturday, August 2, 2008

Where Have All the GapKids gone??? Did Rob Wet His Pants???

Why do I have 3 malls within 15 miles from my house, yet I have to drive to the mall that is 20 miles from my house to get to a GapKids??? It was bad enough when Superstition Mall decided to pull out the kids line from their Gap, now I find out Gap has completely pulled out of Fiesta Mall (I know that mall is totally ghetto, but come on!) Gap has also completely pulled out of South Towne mall in Sandy, UT. What is going on? It just isn't the same shopping online...the clothes always look cuter in person than they do on a computer screen!
Did Rob Wet His Pants???
Where is my camera when I need it? I thought about taking it with me today...but I didn't:( At lunch Ashley spilled her Shirley Temple drink all over Rob's pants. You'd think she had drained his bank account by his overreaction to this more-than-common occurence. He was upset because we were going to the mall afterwards and I guess maybe he was afraid someone would think he wet his pants. After he wouldn't speak to anyone for a few minutes, the girls started to offer suggestions of excuses he could give to people to explain the gigantic wet spot on the back of his pants. Brooklyn's was my favorite-"Dad, how 'bout you just tell them you were camping with a bunch of boys and they were all too slow going to the bathroom?"
What the heck??? They all thought they were being so clever, I didn't have the heart to say, "How about just telling them that your daughter spilled her drink all over you?" I was the only one in the family thinking rationally! On our way into the mall I realized why Rob was so embarrassed by this wet spot right down the back of his shorts...he said, "When it is so freakin' hot out here, everyone is going to think this is sweat!" Bottom sweat that is...
What do you know, no one even said anything:) All that anxiety over nothing! Luckily we ended up at Fiesta Mall instead of Scottsdale:)

9 comments:

Steve said...

would've paid good money to have seen that wet spot.....oh the stories I could have shared!!!

Kahananui said...

We all know how Rob feels about "bottom sweat" after our conversation in Utah. At least Ashley's drink didn't make the toilet seat cover stick to him. Right?!

Natalie said...

There's nothin' like a little swass to add to the aggrevation of not being able to find a GapKids anywhere in the state. I agree; it is much better to see/feel the clothes than to order them online. Maybe that means we should both move to St. George...

Debbie said...

I Know what you mean! My kids just graduated up to the kids sizes at gap and you have to drive far to get them!!
Sorry about Rob wetting his pants..LOL

Courtney said...

Its ok Rob "its COOL to pee your pants!" Its not an Alexander meal unless someone spills a drink!! :)

Pam said...

That is so funny!

{jennifer} said...

I am sad that there are not more Gap Kids too! Alexis is way too tall for Baby Gap but I must say Chandler Mall is my favorite:) That is funny that Rob had an "accident." This week you'll get to go to lunch with just Hunter, hopefully his sippy cup doesn't leak!

The Kriloff Klan said...

I agree with you on the gap kids! Why are they not at San Tan!

Tee hee on Rob's pants!!!

Anonymous said...

We are lucky enough to have the only GapKids AND BabyGap in the entire state at our mall. (And it's still a 20 minute drive, but well worth it!)