Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy 31st Birthday to Me!

Rob started out my birthday by running to Village Inn at 6:45 in the morning to get all of us breakfast. The only thing better in the morning than breakfast in bed, is having absolutely no mess in the kitchen from cooking. This year I asked Rob to take our family to the Melting Pot for dinner. For those of you who don't know, it is a fondue restaurant. I had never eaten there before, but I have wanted to ever since I heard about it a couple of years ago. It was sooooo yummy and sooooo fun! We way over-ordered...I guess we will know better for next time:)Hunter and Ashley ate the least...until the dessert of course! Why do adults open their mouths when they are feeding babies??? Anyway, Hunter was really naughty. My girls are so good when we go out, but apparently they haven't rubbed off on Hunter:(
Do you like Brooklyn's look of disgust? It took them a minute to get used to the idea of cooking their own raw meat. I told Alyssa if she would try the shrimp, but didn't like it, I would give her $50. I was so sure that she would like it, I was never really planning on giving her any money. She finally agreed to try it and she gagged as she spit it out. I of course didn't pay her $50 either...I guess I won't be able to bribe her with money any time soon:(

Remember how I said that Hunter was naughty? Well, this is him trying to get Ashley to give him a piggy-back ride.
This is Hunter playing swords with the fondue fork and the light. And, guess who got Diet Coke spilled all over her nice clean khaki pants? Me...the birthday girl! Hunter, next time we are leaving you at home with a babysitter! Dinner did take two hours to eat, so I guess I should give him a little credit. At least he was quiet once the dessert came out. I think the only thing any of us said at that point was, "Mmmmmm, this is soooooo good!"
Rob picked out this cute Hannah Montana birthday cake for me. I still can't believe I am 31 years old:(

I must say, one of the highlights of my birthday was my girls singing happy birthday to me every time they saw me:) That makes getting older worth it!

10 comments:

Kyle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love the Melting Pot...so yummy!

The Kriloff Klan said...

Happy Birthday!!! I forgot to call you! You want to go to lunch still? Let me know which works better today or tomorrow. So glad Rob was able to stay in town for you!

Natalie said...

That sounds like a fun birthday! I think you can consider the dinner a success despite Hunter's naughtiness because no one spilled the hot liquids. That would've been bad! :) Isn't it crazy to think that people who don't have kids have peaceful meals all the time? It's so cute that your girls sang to you all day. They are darling! The birthday cake is my favorite part. I hope your birthday was wonderful!

{jennifer} said...

How fun! I love the Hannah cake, I bet your girls thought it was the coolest too. You look just like your mom in those pictures and that is a good thing because she is beautiful:)

Courtney said...

So FUN!! Looks like you had a good birthday! I love the cake! ~ For your birthday I want to take a scrapbooking class with you... (my treat) so let me know which one you'd want to do and we'll go one night!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy birthday! Sounds like a great dinner. Our older kids are great at restaurants, but we're just now getting to the difficult phase with Tyler and it makes going out to eat no fun. (More stressful than it's worth!) And I LOVE the cake!

Leslie said...

Jennifer - I love you!!!! And, Amy, I'm glad you had a great birthday. Rob spoils you rotten.

Kahananui said...

What a fun birthday! I've heard so much about the Melting Pot but have never been there. I'm not sure I would like it since I'm so picky....but I need to at least try I guess. I'm sure Dave would love it! How cute that your girls kept singing to you. That always makes me so happy on my birthday when they call and sing. Such a cute family!!! Miss ya!

Debbie said...

HOpe you had a great birthday!
Melting pot sounds yummy! Is that a hannah montana cake you had???
:)

Taylor Marie said...

I have been to that resteraunt before it was for my nikki's wedding Ashley sat exacly where I sat