Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy 12th Anniversary!

I can't believe I have been married for 12 years already! I am only 30 years old...how can that be? How did this strapping young man sweep me off my feet at such a young age?
Back in the days when anyone in the world could get passed airport security, Rob made this incredible proposal. We had finished school for the summer and he had gone back home to Arizona, while I stayed in Utah. At the time, his brother Kris was dating a girl that also lived in Utah. His brother had made plans to come to visit his girlfriend and called to ask if I could pick him up from the airport. I of course said I would and much to my surprise, Kris wasn't the only person I knew on the plane. Luckily I was on time! The first person to exit the plane was Rob's brother Kris. He came out carrying flowers. After he gave them to me, I noticed that every passenger coming off the plane was carrying a flower. Each person on the plane continued the bring me a flower as they disembarked. Surprisingly, my grandpa was also at the airport picking up my grandma who was also on the same flight (Thanks to him and a heads up from my uncle in Phoenix, I have these pictures!). Even the pilots and flight attendants came off with flowers. The last one off was Rob. By then, I had so many flowers I couldn't even hold them all. After he handed me roses, he knelt down on one knee and proposed. Ladies, who could say no to that?!!! It was the best decision I have ever made! Funny thing is, Rob may have thought I was old enough to get married, but he is already saying my girls all have to be 22 before they say "I do". And...they had better not move out of the state like I did. Go figure! Thanks for 12 amazing years!
P.S. Yes, if you are wondering, Rob does have a body wave...you should've seen the perm:)

12 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Anniversary! Twelve years...that is awesome. You and Rob are such an adorable couple, wonderful parents, and great examples to me. Thanks for being such fun relatives and for all of the love and support you give to me, Adam, and our family. May your years together just keep getting better! I hope you get one night free from co-sleeping with your kiddies! :)

Natalie said...

By the way, I love the story of Rob's proposal. I'd never expect anything less than spectacular from Rob!

The Kriloff Klan said...

So cute! What a romantic proposal! I at first looked at the pictures & then read your entry. I had to laugh at myself because I thought wow no one in amy or robs family looks alike! Little did I know that they were all stragers!

Ruth said...

That is the sweetest propsal ever...who knew Rob could be so romantic! Married 12 years...amost as long as Tim and I. Except we had kids right away so people think we are way older. It does seem like yesterday!

Kyle said...

Happy Anniversary! Way to go Rob on the proposal! I love the pictures!

Courtney said...

Oh Rob... "robbing the cradle!" ;) I love your wedding pictures, so CUTE! Man, 12 years!! Thats so neat... hope you have a fun anniversary!

Kahananui said...

Okay, I wish so much I had read this post before I called you earlier. I totally forgot it was you anniversary. Had I read this, I could have at least pretended that was the reason I called you...or even better....waited till tomorrow to call!!!!!! I'm sorry!! Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a good day! Wish we were there to watch your cute kids for ya!!! We're so happy for you guys...12 years is great!!! You guys really are such a cute married couple. We hope we can be closer to you guys soon!

{jennifer} said...

How did 12 years go by so quick?!!!! Hmmmm you should have done something romantic and left your kids with us instead of you going to a late nighter tonight! Have fun:)

Amy said...

We are celebrating tomorrow...Our lives are filled with romance... It's OK to slip a day.. by the way the late nighters mean a lot to Amy and I got to enjoy a great night at McDonalds with the kids... It was Great. Thanks Sarah:)

Rob

Debbie said...

Wow..how creative!!
You got married younger then I did!! :)
Congrats on 12 yrs!!

Debbie said...

Wow..how creative!!
You got married younger then I did!! :)
Congrats on 12 yrs!!

Steve said...

Rob is sooo romantic.....what happened??

You need to post some pics of when he took you to prom, too!! :)