Wednesday, August 6, 2008

1st Day of School

Today my 3 girls all went to their first day of school. Brooklyn in 3rd grade, Alyssa in 2nd and Ashley started 1/2 day kindergarten. These were 3 very excited little girls! It should be a crime to have kids start this early in the summer...it was 113 degrees today according to my car thermometer. I was dripping with sweat after just standing in that heat for 5 minutes...I can't imagine running around on a playground in this miserable weather! Who is the moron behind starting schools in Arizona a week earlier every year? Next year we will probably start in July... Ridiculous!!! We walked the girls into the school to take pictures and help them find their teachers on the playground. We had to park quite a ways away...did I mention how hot it was? This is the girls once we finally got to the school. Ashley didn't even start until the afternoon, but she still insisted on carrying her backpack full of school supplies:)
Ashley is my only child that wakes up in the morning with food cravings...I don't know how she stays soooo skinny. She will wake up and the first thing she will say is, "I feel like an enchilada today." From Gecko's that is. Today however, she wanted wings from a whole-in-the-wall bar that we have gone to for years. They have the best chicken wings in the country!

I don't know if Ashley quite understood that we would be leaving her on the playground. She looked a little nervous but was still happy to finally be going to school like her sisters.
I have been sad and depressed for weeks in anticipation of this day...I still can't believe summer is already over! The girls all had a blast at school and love their new teachers. I am so happy about that!!! Time flies by too quickly...before I know it I will be sending them off to college:(

7 comments:

Kyle said...

I am sad about school starting too. I like the short summers...I would much rather have my kids home with nice weather and fun things to do...
Where do you go for your wings??

Kahananui said...

Wow, I can't believe Ash is already in kindergarten. How sad...but at least you still have Hunter!! Time to have another one...?? :) You have the sweetest girls!! They all look so cute in those outfits and they look so HAPPY to be going to school! I miss them!!!

Courtney said...

mmmmm! Mr. B's!! Yum! Your girls all looked so cute and EXCITED!!! I love Ashleys school bag! SO CUTE!

{jennifer} said...

They all look so excited! I can't believe how far you had to park to walk to the school! I love the cute new outfits and backpacks. I too can't imagine kids playing outside in 100+ degree weather, miserable. They need to install indoor playgrounds if they are going to a year round school schedule in AZ!

Anonymous said...

How cute they all look! We don't start for a couple more weeks, but I am already dreading it. The kids are excited, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye to summer yet. Although, with 113 degree days, you won't have to say goodbye to summer for a while!

Natalie said...

How adorable/funny/sad! It is a crime to make those poor kids sit inside (or play outside) in that weather and when it's only the seventh of August. Sheesh. They all look absolutely darling and little Ash is so adorable! I hope the day went well for all of them and that they love their teachers and classmates.

The Kriloff Klan said...

Your girls look darling! Short summer but i am glad to get back to schedules!