Friday, August 22, 2008

Meet "King Kong"...My New BFF!

We bought this gorilla backpack at the zoo a few years ago, and it has mostly gone unused. A few days ago I got it out and tried to have Hunter put all of his matchbox cars in it so he could carry them around the house. When he first saw it, he was horrified...scared to death! I tossed it to the side and forgot about it. The other day I asked Hunter to go and get me a diaper (which he always does for me:), but as he got near he backed up, started to whine and said, "scary"(more like eey). The gorilla backpack was sitting on the floor in front of the diapers and he wouldn't walk over it. I got a wonderful idea! As most of you know, Rob works from home. My girls have always been good at staying out of his office when he is working. Hunter...not so much. Problem solved...I took my new BFF, "King Kong", and placed him outside of Rob's office to guard the door. Now, Hunter won't even go into the hallway that leads to Rob's office:) That same night, Hunter was in his favorite place in the house (the pantry), pulling all of the cans and snacks off of my shelves. I took him out of the pantry and grabbed King Kong and placed him in the pantry to stand guard for me there. Worked like a charm! Hunter wouldn't even cross the tile into my kitchen if "King Kong" is near. Why didn't I figure this out sooner?!!! I may have to pay for him to have therapy later (major gorilla phobia), but for now, it will just have to do:)

9 comments:

Courtney said...

That is too funny!! Now I just need to figure out a way to keep Blake out of your pantry when he comes over!!

~ Also you may need to purchase a few more to put in areas you need him to stay out of, so you don't have to keep moving him around!! That is seriously SO funny!!

Kyle said...

Hahahahaha! That is so funny! Poor Hunter!

Elisha said...

Oh my gosh, that is brilliant! Way to go!

The Kriloff Klan said...

love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is great! The lengths we go to to keep a little order in our homes.

Natalie said...

How hilarious! Gorillaphobia down the road is a small price to pay for a little sanity as a mother. :) That is a great idea. I need to find a frightening object for each of my kids.

Kahananui said...

What a good idea!! We've tried that with the vacuum but it doesn't work....it's too big! How cute that he's so scared though...and sad!

{jennifer} said...

Great idea! I need something like this for Landon:)

Angie said...

That is the funniest thing ever. It think Hunter is the cutest!!!