Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Weekend

When Rob and I woke up on Saturday, we decided we weren't going to make the kids do any jobs all day. We had a lot of fun! I was able to relax thanks to no choir performance in sacrament meeting:) We started with eating donuts for breakfast, and then we went on a bike ride (hopefully that made up for the donuts we ate:).



Rob then went and bought all of the girls a mask and snorkel so that he could give them a quick course on snorkeling before we go to Rocky Point. Hunter wanted to be like everyone else, so we put goggles on him too. But were smart enough to swim while he was sleeping :)


By then, we were all hungry, so we had a BBQ. Rob makes a great hamburger! I didn't make Hunter any corn on the cob because I didn't think he could eat it. I was wrong!!! He stole Alyssa's, (so I had to give her mine) and then he ate Ashley's.


Still eating...



Still eating...

And yes, still eating...

We ended the night by watching Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. I didn't think I would actually be able to sit through it, but I did. It was actually kind of cute..
Sunday wasn't quite as fun. I was flying solo for church today and just when I thought we were going to get out the door without any problems, I grabbed Hunter's shoes that he had put in the bathroom. He had filled one of them with some wonderfully scented bubble bath. At least I remembered to bring toys to church this week, but unfortunately, I grabbed a fire truck that I didn't think made any noises. During the sacrament, one of my kids pushed some button on that darn truck and the sirens started blaring. I didn't dare push anything for fear that I would prolong my embarrassment. Just as I handed Brooklyn the bag and told her to run out with it, it finally stopped. I'm sure we were very entertaining for all of those families sitting behind us:)

10 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend! We missed you guys this week but it was soooo crowded and really hot so it looks like the pool was a better idea:)

Adam said...

Maybe Rob can give me tips on how to retire rich. Here in Michigan, we spent our weekend inside with the heater on. Can't believe how big Hunter is getting.

Kahananui said...

Hunter is so cute!!! That sounds like a fun weekend. Wish we all lived closer...When are you going to Rocky Point? Oh, and how long are you staying up in Utah in July?

Kyle said...

I love the picture of Hunter with his nose pressed against the glass...so cute!
For the record, I didn't hear the fire truck during church! But that is embarrassing!

Courtney said...

Looks like you guys had a fun weekend!! Hunter is so funny with his corn... how dare you not give him his own!!! By the way... I LOVE your choice of music!! (Jason Castro!!!) :)

Kahananui said...

I have to tell you, look at my page...and the REAL version of Somewhere over the Rainbow by IZ is on there....IZ's is soooooo much better!! Haha I had to say it because...Dave of course is Hawaiian and hated the Jason Castro version!!!! :)

Natalie said...

Saturday sounds like it was a blast. I'm glad you all got to have such a fun day! Don't you love it when kids discover the many wonders of soap? Amber and Karli are both obsessed with dumping soap into various objects to see if it will make bubbles...I hope you can get all the suds out of Hunter's shoe!

Dave and Jen McDonough said...

What a fun weekend and even funnier Sunday! Dang those noisy toys! And little Hungry Hunter is adorable.

The Kriloff Klan said...

Too fun! I love weekends just for family! I particularly like Hunter in the sink refusing to let go of the corn! Have fun in MA, I bet you are getting excited!

Kahananui said...

By the way...I LOVE your counter tops!!