Thursday, June 12, 2008

Why I Have Never Paid More Than $80 For A Purse

Isn't this purse cute? I thought so too. Today the kids and I went shopping at Santan Mall to get some gifts for Rob for Father's Day. As I was walking through Dillards, I stopped to look at this purse. My girls thought it was just as cute as I did, so after I peeked at the price tag, I asked them to guess how much it cost. Brooklyn was the closest at $105. After I told them that it was actually $298.00, I said, "Can you imagine me spending this much on a purse and then having a bottle of milk spill inside of it." We then finished our shopping and went on to Costco. When we were done there, much to my dismay, as I was digging through my purse to find my car keys, everything inside was covered in sunscreen. One of my darling little girls (Ashley, I think) had been sitting on my purse in the cart while we shopped. I had left a bottle of spray-on sunscreen in there (without a lid of course) and she had emptied it out...all of it...gone! Rob you don't need to worry, I won't be buying any $300.00 purses any time soon:)

8 comments:

Ruth said...

There are some cute purses across the street at the Mesa Marketplace!! GO! most expensive it $50. Open Fri & Sat! (I sound like an ad for them, lol)

{jennifer} said...

Um sad to say I am very guilty of this... My obsession with purses has dwindled significantly at least! I have had to take some of my bags to the dry-cleaners to get cleaned because of all the junk 2 certain kids get all over them. Oh, well at least I don't have a problem with shoes!

Courtney said...

I laugh only because just before summer movies on Tuesday, I was rushing around trying to get there on time and FINALLY got to the movie. I sat down a had my purse on my lap while I got Blake situated... as my lap began to feel VERY wet I looked in my purse and a good 9 oz of whole milk had leaked out of Kenzies bottle!!! EVERYTHING was wet!!! (What we go through as moms!!!) :) Maybe one day we can have nice purses and nice things in our house that hasn't been broke by our kids!!! :)

Debbie said...

Super cute purse!
I wouldn't spend that much either!
My purse is horrble!
It always has some sort of "kid" stuff spilt in it!
Glad I'm not alone!

Natalie said...

I secretly long for the days when my kids are grown and I can actually carry a purse instead of a diaper bag and have it's contents remain lidded and safe inside for an entire day! :) That purse is darling, and I'm so sorry about the sunscreen mess. Purse-spill disasters are among the worst to clean up. Maybe all of us can buy cute, matching purses when our last child turns 18.

Kahananui said...

I love purses!! I've never been able to fathom spending that much either though. So true about always spilling stuff in them. I could only imagine it gets worse and worse as the babies get older :). Sunscreen...That reminds of another incident with you guys. When I rode home to Arizona with you guys and I stepped on sunscreen in Rob's BRAND NEW Titan Truck. Rob wasn't very happy...luckily it came out pretty well! :)

Jenn said...

Amy this is so wrong, rob would let you have the $300. purse and you aren't tempted to but it. Me on the other hand would buy it without blinking an eye if I didn't know Steve would kill me! So not fair:)

Kelli said...

Ok so that is why my purse is cloth so I can throw it in the wash, trash or whatever for those same incidents! I do think the Coach is oh so cute though!! By the way our blog is
lutesfam.blogspot.com