Monday, June 9, 2008

Utah to Las Vegas

We are finally home! We had a great trip to Utah and then stopped in Las Vegas for 3 days to see Rob's family. I hope I'm ready to go out of town again in a few weeks!!! I came home to dead flowers that I kept meaning to plant before we left town, a bag of moldy bagels that we left in the microwave(that is where I store my bread...weird, I know), and we brought home a car full of luggage and presents that both grandmas bought for our kids.

My sister-in-law Stephanie is a cheer coach and practiced her new routine on the girls. They had so much fun!!!

This is Rob shooting my brother-in-laws AK-47 that my sister didn't know he had. Kristi enjoyed a shopping spree that followed to pay Jake back for not informing her about the gun.


Ryan and his most prized possession

Now, on to Vegas. My in-laws actually live on Mt. Charleston which is on a mountain west of Las Vegas. When we pulled into town they met us at a campground below their house for dinner. This is Grandma Jeanne blowing bubbles with Chonch.

Do you like this shirt that Hunter has on? I liked it, but Brooklyn told me she hates it because it looks like he has two wives. I guess I need to limit my viewing of Fox News because she clearly thinks he looks like a Polygamist in this shirt. We went to Claim Jumper for dinner and Hunter stayed very busy dipping his fries in this ketchup.

Rob's parents wanted to take us to the Moapa Indian Reservation about 30 minutes north of Las Vegas to set off fireworks. I don't think there are any safety standards for the fireworks that are sold at this place. Few things excite Rob like deer and fireworks. Notice how calm everyone looks in this picture.

We thought Rob was nuts when he held this firework launcher...we realized he was even more nuts when he lit off something that started shooting off huge flames in all directions. The first time the guys next to us had to dive out of the way of the oncoming ball of fire. The second time it came right at all of us and hit Rob's brother's car and then bounced off and almost went into my car which would have undoubtedly hit the bag of fireworks sitting inside. Sorry about your windshield Kris!




Thank goodness for rolling luggage!

This nice man gave us a free carriage ride around the neighborhood.
My girls and their cousin Megan
The grandkids
Rob and his dad-no doubt having a contest to see who could spot a deer first.




9 comments:

Debbie said...

You guys have been traveling tons! How fun!!
Looks like a great trip!
How was the drive?
You go back over the 4th right?
We are trying to decide if we want to make the long trek to Utah!

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a great time! Glad you are back. We are ready to invade your pool again!!

Courtney said...

Looks like a lot of fun!! Last year they also took us to that fireworks place... its REALLY dangerous, but FUN! :)

{jennifer} said...

I was laughing at Kristi and her shopping spree! I am with her, I have a strict – you spend it I get to spend policy:) I am glad you all made it back alive from the firework place! It was so scary to go there with a 3 month old and have fireworks wizzing by our heads but it was SUPER cool too. Your kids are such good travelers for sure. I would be homebound for the rest of the year with all the driving you guys have done in the past month. My kids are definitely wimpy travelers, ok I admit it me too! I hate long road trips but you can’t beat the convenience of having your own car and schedule!

Ruth said...

How fun!! I need a vacation! I have spent so much time with church callings it is time for a break!! What a gorgeous view to look at deer. Tim would be in heaven!

Em said...

Lots of really fun pictures! You guys travel more than anyone I know. So are your parents back in Utah? p.s. we are moving home in the fall :)

Kahananui said...

It looks like you guys all had a lot of fun! We can't wait to see you all in 3 weeks! I can't believe you're driving back so soon. Those pictures are so cute. Hunter is so handsome and you're girls are beautiful!

Natalie said...

I love Hunter's polygamist shirt and I love even more that Brooklyn noticed the strange garb that pligs wear. Chonch is so cute and your girls are gorgeous. I'm glad you had a fun trip!

Angie said...

I wish we could travel like you guys. Hope you had a good time