Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Am I Pregnant???

Yesterday I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I also realized how easily someone can be convinced of something that all logic tells them is not true. When I first went for my consultation last week, the girl that did my xray asked me if there was anyway I could be pregnant. I said no, I don't think so. Then when I met with the first oral surgeon, he asked me the same question. Then yesterday, the assistant that helped with my surgery asked me the same question again. After I had been on the laughing gas for a few minutes, and the anesthetic had I think been given, the second oral surgeon came into the room and asked me once again if I could be pregnant. By this time I was very much under the influence. I remember first saying no, laughing a little and then saying I hope not. I then continued on with I.....and I don't remember anything from that point on. As soon as I started on the laughing gas, I begged the assistant to please not ask me any questions. Especially embarrassing ones. Don't you think the topic of reproduction is a slippery slope to be on when the woman you are talking to is impaired? I sure hope I didn't rattle off a long list of reasons I couldn't be pregnant!!! Anyway, I seriously came home thinking, "Could I be pregnant?" Once all of my meds wore off, I think I have convinced myself once again that I am not pregnant.
On a side note-I got Rockband for Wii. Can't wait to play it for the next game night!!!

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Glad you aren't pregant!
I don't think I can wait to come and play rock band until game night...can't you invite us over before???? I'll bring dinner!

Kahananui said...

You know what's weird? Just today Dave's sister got her tooth pulled and I watched her kids. When she came back I was asking her if they were able to give her anything since she's pregnant and they couldn't and I was like oh my sister got her wisdom teeth pulled yesterday, I hope she's not pregnant!!!! I was seriously just thinking about you being pregnant like an hour before I just read your blog. I about died when I saw the title!! Anyways, that is kind of weird! Hope you're not though! Although I do think you should so we can have another boy running around :)!

Sarah said...

You just got your wisdom teeth pulled?? That is so old!! :) Anyway what I really want to know is what else you said to the nurses etc that you don't remember!! How funny!!

The Kriloff Klan said...

You got your wisdom teeth pulled? Were you going to tell anyone?!?! What kind of shake do you want...Sonic or In N Out? I'll call & bring it over! Do we have to wait for game night???? I think it would be fun to get together anytime!
PS You never answered your own question....so are you prego?

Jenn said...

I am glad you're doing ok! I wish you were pregnant. Do you want us to babysit your rockband while you're gone? We are always willing to help. Seriously we'll get the garbage and pool. Have fun!!

{jennifer} said...

Ha-ha. I remember saying really really stupid stuff when I had my wisdom teeth pulled! I swear they ask you dumb questions just so that you will say something mortifying. Alyssa's party looked like fun, too bad we were MIA. I still have her present sitting on my counter I need to bring over! I guess I will catch you when you get back, she can have a b-day month!

Debbie said...

TOO funny!!
Hope your doing ok!!