Monday, June 2, 2008

Our surprise trip to Utah...or was it???

We like to surprise our girls about every other time that we go to Utah. It has worked very successfully up until our latest attempt. Since our girls all know the route we take to get to Utah, this time we told them that we were going to Yellowstone and the only way to get there is by going through Utah. They were all very excited and didn't seem too suspicious. By the time we got to Orem we tried to tell the girls we were in Idaho. We got off a different exit and took different side streets to get to my parents house in Alpine. We started to get suspicious when Alyssa and Brooklyn pointed out the Cold Stone that they have been to and Cabo Grill. Then they continued to act like they believed we were in Idaho. When we passed the Alpine Credit Union, Alyssa said, "How come we just passed a sign that says welcome to Alpine?" And then once again, they acted like we were in Idaho. Anyway, at least Ashley was surprised. Brooklyn and Alyssa were nice enough to make Rob and I think that we were clever:) We are going to have to wait a while before pulling that trick again:(

Grandma Clark, Hunter and Cooper

On Saturday we drove up American Fork Canyon to go fishing. It is so pretty up there!!! We were unsuccessful with the fishing, but we sure had fun on Ryan's Rhino.

Me, Steph, Brooklyn and Kinzie
Alyssa & Rob
Rob (like most fisherman) doesn't like the water to be disturbed while he is fishing. The girls just didn't understand that.

It wasn't enough that they were all wading in the water, the girls then had to throw rocks in the lake. I think Brooklyn found the biggest one!
The little boys (and the big one) were entertained by feeding a squirrel Pringles. (That is the only thing that Hunter would give up his Pringles for!)
This is the moment Rob has been waiting to have for years. Finally, a son to fish with!
Brooklyn, Cooper and Hunter

8 comments:

Courtney said...

So FUN!! Those pictures are so pretty with the mountains in the background!! I love the one of Rob and Hunter fishing!! Just a few more years and they'll be hunting together!! :)

Kyle said...

That looks like so much fun! The scenery is beautiful!
I love Hunters Indiana Jones shirt...where did you find that?

{jennifer} said...

Cooper looks like he could be one of yours! You can definitely tell Hunter and him are related- cute boys. Utah looks really beautiful and green right now! Fun fun:)

Em said...

Ahh- it was so fun to see a picture of your cute Mom! l love her! Looks like a great trip!

Natalie said...

I definitely think you should blow up and frame the picture of Rob and Hunter fishing...it is absolutely precious! What a fun trip; I'm so excited to be able to hang out with your family. I miss you all so much. I'm sure it's going to be a sad day when I realize my kids entertain my "clever" ideas just to patronize me. That is funny; I can't believe Brooke and LuLu are so old.

Ruth said...

Wow! I love the pic's ! The mountains are about the only thing I miss about Utah! I could live in them! I love it!

Kahananui said...

That looks like such a fun trip! We wish we could have been there but are looking forward to see everyone there in July. I'm excited for Jax to be able to play with Hunter and Cooper! It'll be fun!

Debbie said...

Looks fun!
You look SO Much like your Mom!!!
Cute pics!!