Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Lulu!!!

I can't believe Alyssa is 7! We had a low-key party today for her actual birthday. Her real party is going to be in Utah. I made brownies (Lissy LOVES chocolate!!!) and the Malletts came over to celebrate with us. They gave her a Camp Rock cd that she is so excited to listen to. I'm the worst mother of the year because I forgot to DVR Camp Rock last night, and tonight we didn't see that it was on until it was almost over. Brooklyn is soooo in love with Joe Jonas. When American Idol was still on, my girls were sitting on the couch daydreaming about their future last names.
Brooklyn- "Brooklyn Jonas sounds so good together!"
Alyssa- "I like Alyssa Efron."
Ashley- "I"m going to be Ashley Ryan." (She of course meant Seacrest. At least they all like cute boys:)
Anyway, back to the birthday. I have never seen someone try so hard to blow out one candle that was not a "trick candle". Here is Alyssa blowing.

Still blowing...
And here she is laughing so hard because she still can't seem to blow out that darn flame. Rob finally had to take the candle out of the brownies and put it right in front of her mouth. She was laughing so hard she almost fell off the counter. (Yes, this is the same girl that broke her arm falling off a table a few years ago. You'd think I would have learned my lesson.)
Why is it that I always seem to overestimate how much Christmas wrapping paper I need, yet I always underestimate how much birthday wrapping paper I need? I bought 1 roll of the Costco sized Christmas wrapping paper for each member of my family about 3-4 years ago, and I still have more. I'm so sick of using the same stuff every year. We should have a wrapping paper swapping party before Christmas. Anyone else have this problem? I opted to just not wrap some of her gifts this time, it was either that or red Santa wrapping paper.
One of Alyssa's favorite gifts was her Indiana Jones Legos. We got her some and so did her Uncle Ryan and Aunt Courtney. Hunter was more of a destroyer, but the girls have actually learned how to follow directions to build the Legos the right way.
Happy Birthday Lu! I love this girl!
We ended the night watching Extreme Home Makeover. Hunter actually enjoyed it because of all the tractors and this episode even featured Elmo.


9 comments:

Kyle said...

Alyssa is so cute...I love the pictures of her laughing!
I have TONS of Christmas wrapping paper and I never have Birthday paper..why is that? We should swap this Christmas!

Kahananui said...

Aw! Happy Birthday Lou!! I can't believe she's 7 now. She's so gorgeous!!! I remember when she was a baby and hated me!! Actually thinking about it now none of your kids liked me when they were babies!! Sad :(. What a fun birthday!! I can't wait to celebrate with her in Utah!! Love ya Alyssa!!! Good luck with your wisdom teeth, today right?!

Courtney said...

Those pictures of Alyssa are so cute!! We had such a fun time with you guys this weekend! We really need to get together more often! :) Have fun in Utah!

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa!! We had so much fun having yummy brownies with you. I hope your day was great.

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa! We are usually in Utah for Anna's birthday so we celebrate it there too. This year we were at home...weird! My kids never watch EHM, but they did last night too cause Elmo was on it!

Debbie said...

Looks like she had fun!
you have such a cute family!!

Em said...

What a beautiful, happy 7 year old! She is so sweet! Your house looks darling... the decorating looks great! Have a fun trip to Utah! Did I read that you are getting your widsom teeth out... or is that Alyssa?

Sarah said...

Alyssa is so cute! Tell her happy birthday from all of us!

Natalie said...

I can't believe Lu is so old! She's gorgeous (no surprise, coming from you) and so funny. One of my favorite memories of Alyssa is when we were first married and lived at your parents' house. She'd come to the top of the stairs and yell "Wake up, stinky-winkies!" It was so cute to hear her little voice. She's darling and I'm glad she had a fun birthday.