Thursday, September 18, 2008

Our week...in pictures

I can't believe how much crazier life gets each year. The older the kids get, the less time I seem to have. I am desperately trying to help my kids excel in extracurricular activities without over-scheduling them.

Brooklyn is taking piano lessons and tennis this year. Piano is my choice...tennis is hers. Brooklyn is such a trooper to go through life as a 100% left-handed girl in a right-handed world. At tennis she can't do what the coach is doing or what the other kids are doing, because it is backwards for her:( She is doing awesome and I love going to her lessons so that I can learn how to play as well! She also got put on student council today at school...Yay Brooklyn!
Alyssa is my gymnast. She has taught herself how to do a back-handspring and aspires to be a cheerleader. We took her to Desert Devils Gym yesterday for her trial class, only they accidentally had her take the gymnastics class instead of cheerleading. After our commute of 25 minutes each way, I am debating on sending her to a closer gym. Does that make me a bad mom?:( She is also taking piano lessons this year and is so great to practice without even being asked. What kid does that?!!!
Ashley is doing soccer and hopefully gymanstics starting next week. She is so excited to play, but Coach Benson had to get after us this week because she didn't have her shin guards on. She thinks they are "boyish". Benson, I promise she will have them on for our game this Saturday! Apparently this isn't the only time Ash has been unprepared this week...today she told me that her kindergarten class had P.E. the other day and I forgot to have her wear tennis shoes. She told me that her P.E. teacher made her sit on the stage all by herself instead of doing the activities with the other kids. She told me she almost started to cry...What kind of teacher punishes a 5 year old for wearing flip-flops??? It was clearly my fault, not Ashley's. I have felt like the WORST mom in the world all night tonight! My girls have a long history of wearing flip-flops everywhere! You should have seen Alyssa play t-ball in pink flip-flops. We obviously have a house full of girls!Hunter is intensely enjoying his boy-time with his cousin Blake. I had a hard time getting the two of them together for a cute picture of them playing ball. Hunter has found a new best friend that he looks up to. When we were in Newport together Hunter would follow Blake around and try to actually have a conversation with him. Anyone who knows Hunter knows that he is very quiet and doesn't have much to say. When Blake is around...he suddenly tries to act older.

Hunter & his cousin McKenzie


This is just a cute picture I took of Alyssa and Hunter the other night. Hunter is really good about going to bed in his crib, but he has never fallen asleep with just one of his sisters. The other night I had sent the girls upstairs to go to bed while Rob and I were downstairs. Hunter disappeared too, and after ten minutes I started to wonder where he was. I went upstairs to Alyssa's room, and this is what I found...

6 comments:

{jennifer} said...

You guys are busy:) I vote to take Alyssa to a closer gym - she is so good that she can excel at any gym so it is ok to not want to commute for an 1 hour. I love the picture of Hunter asleep with Alyssa! Too cute.

Courtney said...

Those pictures of your kids are so cute! I love how they all have their own interests! I can't wait for Blake and Hunter to be on a team together! ~ We really do need to get them together more often!! They always have so much fun!

Kyle said...

So cute! Where is Brooklyn taking tennis lessons?

Natalie said...

Those are such adorable pictures...I can't decide if I like Brooklyn's tennis photo or the one of Hunter and Lulu better. Ash is such a cute little soccer player and her teacher should sit on the stage all day by herself for making Ashley do that. My mom goes for 5-mile walks in flip-flops on Sunday to make herself think she's not working out on the Sabbath, so I think any kind of schoolyard activity can be accomplished in said footwear. Your kids are so stinkin' darling and I hope you don't go crazy taking them to their activities. I think you're an amazing mom!

Dave and Maren Clark said...

There is nothing wrong with taking Lulu to a closer gym. I can't believe how busy you are. You're an awesome mom!

Kahananui said...

I love all your pictures. That picture of Brooklyn playing tennis reminds me so much of Megan Smith!! You're kids are beautiful by the way!! It looks like they're really enjoying their activities. Looks like you have no extra time. Wish we could see you guys in Oct!