Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ashley's 1st Soccer Game & Star Student of the Week

The Dragon Bolts first soccer game was actually the Saturday before this game, but since Ash was sick with the stomach flu, this was officially her first game. Once she got past the whole idea of wearing shin guards, she had a lot of fun. After she put on her shin guards and soccer socks, she said, "How can people stand to wear these things?...they're boyish!!!" This is Ash scoring the first goal. She is #2 (in yellow, you can really only see her pony tail:). I really didn't realize Ash was so competitive. She also scored the 2nd goal with help from Spencer Nielson. Those two didn't seem to understand that they didn't need to kick the ball away from each other because they are on the same team...refer to the video below.

Aren't these kids adorable?!!!
Ashley is also Star Student this week in kindergarten. She helped me fill out the poster for her class. I'm so glad that all of my girls have inherited their artistic gene from their dad. Isn't that sad that a 5 year old can draw better than I can?

6 comments:

Courtney said...

WAY To GO ASHELY!!! How exciting!! Ashley makes those shin guards look good!! :)

~ Her poster turned out so CUTE!!

{jennifer} said...

Ashley is very good at Soccer even with the shin gaurds on:) Her poster is so cute and how exciting for her to be Star of the week - the perks of having a last name that starts with A!

Kahananui said...

Go Ashley!! I wish we could make it to her soccer games. She looks so cute in her uniform. I love her drawings on her poster too. She's such a cute little girl. We miss you! Hope you have fun this week!!

Kyle said...

Phew, I am so glad Ashley wore her shin guards...even though they are "boyish"!
I can't believe we didn't get any pics of Friday night...I guess we aren't "true" bloggers!

Natalie said...

What a cute, darling and sweet little gal! She looks adorable in her soccer uniform and I think it's awesome that she's the star player. I really can't believe she's so old. I was looking at my scrapbook the other day and saw a page I made of Ash when she was a witch for Halloween; I think she was 18 months old and I couldn't believe how quickly time had gone by. Maybe I'm just getting really old. :)

stgeorgecitygolf said...

Soccer uniforms come in a variety of designs and color combinations, but the colors usually aren't coincidental to the teams. They are deliberate, usually well thought out selections meant to make the team stand out. At times, the color choice is decided through a consensus of the players. Though often, team colors originate from a particular association with the country or city that the team represents.

Adult Soccer Uniforms