Monday, September 22, 2008

Just Call Me "Grace"

I almost always have an unexplained bruise somewhere on my body. I run into doors, walls, tables, etc...almost daily. Poor Brooklyn has inherited my clumsiness, but she has somehow avoided breaking any bones(so far). Not me...I have broken my nose, my finger, my pinkie toe, and now I think I may have broken the toe next to my pinkie(either that or bruised it really bad). How, you ask? Simply by walking from the bathroom to my loft. This morning I kicked the corner of the wall so hard I thought I had broken three toes. If all of my kids weren't standing there looking at me, I'm sure I would have muttered many very un-ladylike words. I started with a long shhhhhh...but luckily ended with ooooot! I'm very disappointed in myself for being such a klutz, but at least I can't pat myself on the back for not cursing in front of my 4 innocent children:) Yay me!!!

5 comments:

{jennifer} said...

That is the worst! I don't think you are clumsy - at least I have never noticed. Oh and way to go on not swearing or yelling your head off. That kind of activity usually produces some off colored language:)

Kyle said...

I am super clumsy also....I'm glad you didn't swear though!

Natalie said...

Hey, Grace...I'm totally proud of you for not saying the naughty word! I also feel so bad that you hurt your toe. It seems like toe injuries are so ridiculous but they hurt like the dickens and incapacitate me more than, say, having a baby. I hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I think I wrote a post exactly like this a couple of months ago. I am extremely clutzy and Alison has inherited this from me. (It gets much worse when she is tired too.) I also broke my pinkie toe just getting off my bed. The only kid in the room was Tyler, and I don't think he remembers the words that came out of my mouth anyway. =)

Kahananui said...

I am also proud of you for not saying those bad words. You're much better person than I am!! I know I've caught myself a few times... :) It's amazing how much toe injuries can hurt...they are the worst.