Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl and More Football

How 'bout those Cardinals?!!! Brooklyn told me this morning that she is now a life-long Cardinals fan. I think we all are now! They almost pulled it off! My kids were all proud to be wearing a Fitzgerald jersey last night. Maybe next year!We went to Rob's brother's house for a Super Bowl party. I found a football cookie cutter at Walmart and so I made these cute football cookies. I spent 2 hours Sunday morning making and decorating 3 1/2 dozen of these things...
On Saturday Rob had another football game and this time I actually got some good pictures...You're welcome Rob! We have to get there an hour early every week so that Rob can warm up and practice (or strategize...I'm not sure). The kids enjoyed watching:)
Hunter...picking his nose...yuck!
My in-laws were in town for the Super Bowl party, so my father-in-law played catch with the girls while we waited for the game to start.
Alyssa catching the ball
Drum roll please.....Here are Rob's "action" shots that he has been begging me to get on camera...
He really is the best player on the team!!!
In the end, all of these awesome moves by Rob, weren't enough. The dreaded "purple team" beat them 12-0 (I think). Maybe next time guys!

11 comments:

Courtney said...

I agree with ALMOST everything... Those are some CUTE pictures, and yummy cookies, and EVEN being a lifetime Cardinals fans... BUT! Rob being the BEST player on the team?!? I just DONT know about that! I hear there is a guy (almost) as good as Fitzgerald... Ryan Alexander?!? Soooo, maybe next season Rob! :)

Rob said...

I didn't say I was the best player.. now I'm going to hear about this for the rest of my life.. Amy needs to remember I have two brother's on the team and they are the best palyers. Where would she get me being the best player, I only have 6 touchdowns to the rest of the teams 3..

Courtney said...

Its ok Rob... I know you are the one that blogged that post! :) Six touch downs... but who's counting... right?

Rob said...

Courtney, do remember another one that I may have missed? By the way how many has your Fitzgerald made?

Courtney said...

I've lost count there has been SO many!

Kahananui said...

I love your pictures. That picture of just your kids back was so adorable. I'm impressed with your picture taking skills. :) I love your cookies too...they look yummy! I can't believe they lost!! :(

Leslie said...

Recipe for the yummy cookies please!

{jennifer} said...

Rob you are the "best" player for sure because you get there 1 hour early each game - that is some dedication! No need to be humble about it - when your good your good... right?

I think you get touchdowns because the other team members are afraid of being de-pantsed (not a word) or you making peek-a-boo lingerie out of their shorts? They are afraid for their pants safety so they leave you alone.

Rob said...

I'm there and hour early, so Sean doesn't yell at me for being late:) By the way...I only de-pants the key players QB's and Wide Receivers. If they can't tie their shorts, they will be off. Hand got stuck in one of the pockets and the flag was stuck to other guys shorts. I'm just waiting for some guy to have some type of Incredible Hulk underwear on, perhaps this weeks game against the Green Team.

Natalie said...

I love your football cookies and the picture of the three kids watching the game is so precious. Heck, even the picture of Hunter picking his nose is darling...that's what you get when all of your kids are so darn adorable! We miss you!

Em said...

fun pictures... i love the one of the kids backs... watching rob play! we are envious of your warm february weather!