Friday, February 20, 2009

Stitches...Again, Choncho's New Backpack and Valentine's Day

Yesterday about 10 minutes before I was heading out to pick up the kids from school, I received a phone call from the school nurse. I wasn't too alarmed because I either get a phone call or a note almost weekly for my daughter Alyssa. Alyssa is a tough kid at home that NEVER complains, but it seems like the littlest thing will put her nurse's office at school. When the nurse told me she was calling about Ashley, I knew something must be wrong. She told me that she had fallen off the monkey bars at recess and cut her chin. She wasn't even going to tell the teacher, the kids in the class are the one's that told. This is one tough kid!!! She never made a peep or shed one tear at the doctor's office getting her stitches...Me, on the other hand...that is another story. I should always make Rob take care of these incidents because I don't do well with blood. I did okay watching them clean out her cut, and I was even okay to watch the doctor numb her chin. But as soon as he was ready to stitch her up, I started to feel sick to my stomach...really sick! I looked away knowing that this is how I start to feel a few minutes before I faint. I kept getting sicker and sicker and the doctor said, "Are you okay?" At first I said yes, but I quickly told them I was going to pass out. I made it to the chair just as my ears started to close off and I started dripping with sweat. The nurse said, "Put your head between your knees!" I got my head down just in time to keep myself from making a fool of myself by falling to the floor. Phew!!! Next time Rob gets to go to the doctor!I bought this car backpack for Hunter to pack all of his cars in when we go to Hawaii. He LOVES it!
How cute that he fell asleep with it on his back and full of cars!
I had way too much fun making my girl's Valentine's boxes this year. My Cricut helped the "un-artistic me" to be able to come up with something cute. I actually let Brooklyn help make her's.
Poor Ashley only got to pick out the paper for her's. I tend to be a control-freak sometimes!
Alyssa picked out the theme and chose the ladybug and helped "bedazzle" the flower. Rob also helped with the bedazzling:)
All of the girls had their school parties during the same hour. Rob and I were on 20 minute shifts so that our kids would only be parentless for 20 minutes. It didn't work quite as well as I'd planned. Rob had to leave Brooklyn's class because he was paged to move his truck.
The girls were all much happier to be able to introduce Choncho to their friends. He was bummed each time I dragged him off to the next class.
Brooklyn was sooo excited to have her dad help in her class!
Rob and I went to lunch on Friday to celebrate Valentine's Day. So, Saturday we spent the evening with the kids having a fire...
and lighting sparklers.
Rob finally found the big M&M Nascar for Hunter...Sunday we were so excited to watch the Daytona 500 hoping that the car Hunter loves was going to win. We were very disappointed that he crashed and missed half the race:( Maybe next time!

8 comments:

{jennifer} said...

Poor Ash!!! You guys sure get your money's worth out of your health insurance!!! Looks like Valentine's Day was fun - cute boxes!

Jake & Kristi said...

We are all laughing so hard over your fainting spell. Mostly, cuz we can all picture it. Poor Ash. I'm sending her a treat! Hunter sleeping w/ his backpack is too cute.

Kahananui said...

I love Hunter's back pack. I knew you fainted a lot but I had no idea you couldn't handle blood. The girls valentines boxes are so cute! I have to get a cricut. Your kids are seriously so adorable!! We miss them!

Courtney said...

ASHLEY?!? Poor girl! I love Hunter and his COOL backpack! also how happy he is with his BIG M&M car...(hopefully it will be easier to find when he looses it! :)

~ Maybe if the school had BETTER parking they wouldn't have to page to move your car!! I can't STAND the parking there! :)
Glad you guys had a fun Valentines Day!

Kyle said...

Okay...that last picture of Hunter is SOO Cute!
Looks like a fun Valentines Day...we should have had our parties together!

Natalie said...

Oh, sad! Little Ash is so darling and it made my eyes well up (of course!) when I saw those stitches. I hope she's healing quickly. I'm so excited that you're going to Hawaii...it's amazing and you'll have a grand time. Chonch's backpack obsession cracks me up (is he related to Brooklyn?) and I can completely relate to your fainting. Blood makes me sick!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your weeks looks a lot like mine! A little bit of everything, right?? Do you LOVE your cricut machine? I'm really wanting one right now and I'm trying hard to justify it by thinking of everything I could use it for. Those V-Day boxes are to die for!! =)

Em said...

Love the backpack picture!!! Sorry about the fainting story... I am the same way. I was a wreck during my blood transfusion! Cute V-day mailboxes.. you are such a fun mom!