Monday, January 19, 2009

What We've Been Up To

For some reason I have been slacking on blogging. Alyssa told me yesterday that I have forgotten about blogging and I now only care about Facebook...What??? I will admit I have joined Facebook, but how does Alyssa know that I haven't been blogging? I guess the girls have heard me talk to Rob about people that I have found on Facebook. The other day Alyssa came running downstairs to tell me that she was going to change the channel from Fox News to Disney, but she heard Glenn Beck say that he was on Facebook...I think she thought that meant that we were friends with each other:)...I wish! Not much has gone on the past couple of weeks. School has started up again:( That always makes me sad.
This is such a cute picture of Hunter eating his ice cream cone. Why don't kids understand that you can't just lick the top of an ice cream cone?!!!
Rob started playing in a flag football league a couple of weekends ago. Each game he loads my purse with the camera (zoom lens included) and the video camera in hopes that I will catch some awesome play made by Rob himself. I am proud to say that I believe Rob has made more touchdowns than anyone else on the team...Sorry guys! I am also ashamed to admit that the only reason I ever know what is going on with the game is because my sister-in-law always has a male relative watching on the sidelines and keeps the wives updated. We always have a delayed "Way to go Rob!!!"On Saturday we went fishing at the Riparian Reserve in Gilbert. The only kid that was more interested in fishing than the snacks that we had packed for our picnic, was Ashley...She is a die- hard fisherman (or fishergirl). This makes Rob very proud. She has quite the cast!
Hunter had fun organizing Rob's tackle box while I took the girls to the library.
I will admit that I am one of those pathetic sports fans who will jump on the bandwagon of a winning team. I have never been much of a Cardinals fan, until yesterday. Go Cardinals! We made these football cupcakes for the game yesterday...all the while expecting the Eagles to win. Now I'm going to have to buy all my kids Cardinals jerseys for the Super Bowl!

10 comments:

Dannielle said...

I love reading your blog - you are always doing such fun things with your family and I never know where to go. I need to talk to you about the fishing thing - how fun!

Kyle said...

You are so funny! I'm glad I am friends with you on blogs and facebook :)
Is Hunter eating a Thrifty cone in that picture??? Did you guys go without us?

Kahananui said...

I love that pic of Hunter...he is such a handsome little guy, even with ice cream all over him! I'm glad you finally did join facebook! I was proud to say my sister lives in Arizona when the cardinals won last night...:) The superbowl will be awesome!! Cute cupcakes! You're such a cute mom!

Anonymous said...

Boo Cardinals! =) We watched the game, also expecting the Eagles to win, but were disappointed. (Living here, it's impossible NOT to be a bit of an Eagles fan!) That picture of Hunter is awesome!

{jennifer} said...

Hunter looks so cute covered in his yummy ice cream! Sean is SOOOOO excited the Cardinals won - party at our house in 2 weeks if you wanna come:)

Natalie said...

You are definitely the coolest mom ever and your kids are beyond adorable! You really should blow up and frame that picture of Hunter and/or submit it to a magazine. Don't worry, the bandwagon-sports-fan gene comes from your mom, I think, but it's so fun to cheer for a winning team, so cheer away! :) I'm always happy to see Kurt Warner succeed...he seems like the most regular guy in the NFL, has a cute family and works very hard. Go Cards!

Courtney said...

How fun! You guys come up with such FUN ideas to do! i LOVE it! The picture of Ashley fishing is TOO cute!

Courtney said...

I forgot to comment on Rob's AWESOME football skills! :) ... and you weren't suppose to give away our secret to "watching" the game and "cheering" for our husbands! :)

Rob said...

I can always count on Courtney to boost my ego... Thanks Court:)

Em said...

Cute cupcakes! I can't stand it--- Hunter is so big!! Where did our babies go? He sure is handsome!