Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday to Hunter!!!

I can't believe my baby is already 2! I absolutely ADORE this kid!...he is the best little boy in the world! Unfortunately this child wasn't strategically planned with fertility pills like my 3 girls, which explains his unfortunate birthday 6 days before Christmas. To make up for this, we have decided to have his birthday party on Nov. 19th every year instead of Dec. 19th. He is just getting cupcakes and his favorite dinner on his actual birthday. It worked out well for us this year because most of my family was in town for Thanksgiving. I love this picture because Gracie and Alyssa are puckering their lips as if they are trying to blow out Hunter's candle...Oh yeah, Alyssa did blow his candle out before Hunter even got a chance to look at it...Don't worry Chonch, I re-lit it for you:)This is officially my first homemade birthday cake for any of my kids. Hunter LOVES anything with wheels...especially dump trucks. I found this cupcake-cake kit at the craft store and I knew I had to try and make it. It was soooo easy and turned out really cute...Hunter loved it!
Of course Hunter chose one of the wheels as his cupcake...hence, the black frosting all over his face.
Everyone gave Hunter some type of truck. Boys are soooo easy to please! After having 3 girls, I had no idea that little boys could be so much fun!
Who would wrap a little boy's birthday present in pastel pink wrapping paper?...Answer-My brother Ryan. This was carrying on the "Man-test" that my brother has going on with Hunter and his son Cooper. This time it backfired on Ryan, and Hunter annihilated Cooper! Ryan bought Choncho a dump truck as his real gift, and bought a pink comb and mirror as his "Man-test" gift. I am so proud to say that when Hunter opened the mirror and comb, he IMMEDIATELY threw it to the side. He had absolutely no interest in that. Cooper, on the other hand, had plenty of interest in playing with the pink girly gift:) Notice Cooper peeking over Hunter's shoulder with great intrigue!!!
Here is Hunter in "Dump Truck Heaven"
And here is Cooper, combing his mommy's hair:) Hunter wins again!!! At least Cooper is pretty!!! :)

7 comments:

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday Choncho!

Natalie said...

Happy birthday, Chonch! We love you! The man-test saga is cracking me up. I love that it's an ongoing endeavor. Your birthday cake efforts turned out marvelously and I can't believe Choncho is two, either. He is so darling; we hope he had a fabulous day!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Hunter - from Grandma & Grandpa Clark. We love you so much and miss you! It was fun being with you all for two weeks and sharing your 2nd birthday. Are you still singing "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree?"

Ryan & Steph said...

For anyone who reads this Chonch wears pink stillettos. The whole time I was in Arizona he would bring them to me and cry until I put them on.

{jennifer} said...

I can't believe he is 2, that makes me sad how fast our kids are growing up! His cupcake dump truck is darling. Now we just need to bring his present over ASAP - Landon is coveting it and I had to hide it so he would stop whining for it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is so cute! You are great parents to celebrate his birthday a month early. "Holiday birthdays" really stink--I know. And what a great job you did on that cake!

Kahananui said...

Amy, I'm so impressed with your cake....it's so cute! I want to learn how to make that. Happy late birthday Hunter!! We love you. We wish Chonch and Jax lived closer!! Hunter is such a cute little boy!!