Friday, December 12, 2008

"A Christmas Carol" at Hale Theatre & Wacky Hair Day

It has been a few years since we have seen Charles Dickens' play "A Christmas Carol" at the Hale Theatre. I am so glad that we took the girls this year, this story always reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas. We went with the Miners and the Ashbys...can you see Chris smiling at the camera in the background? My girls didn't know what to do with themselves being the only girls with 6 cute boys. Cameron Ashby was kind enough to babysit Choncho for us. I think Hunter would have been scared to death by all of the ghosts in this play:)We were lucky enough to be one of the first ones out of the theatre so my girls were able to get their picture with Ebenezer Scrooge. I think Brooklyn was a little nervous! He also gave each of the girls a chocolate coin...he's a nice guy after all!
Snow??? in Gilbert, AZ??? Afterwards the cast all stood out in front of the theatre where they had fake snow (made of bubbles) falling from the rooftop. Very cool!!! It actually felt like Christmas...for a moment anyway. We miss the snow! However, I will say that I love how we can walk around the neighborhood every night and look at Christmas lights (a.k.a. make sure Rob has no competition) with only a slight breeze.
We stood outside pretending to be freezing...my girls don't know what cold is!!!
Wednesday was Wacky Hair Day at school...this is all we could come up with...Good thing Brooklyn has so much hair!!!
Since Ashley has afternoon kindergarten, she didn't get her hair done until later...hence the picture all by herself:(

4 comments:

Courtney said...

So FUN!! I LOVE the girls skirts... TOO CUTE!

Kahananui said...

You have the cutest girls (and boy)!!! I love them in their matching outfits. I actually remember really liking that play after Mom and Dad dragged me to it one year when I was in high school...I never would have admitted it though :). Good job on the hair too!

Kyle said...

I love their skirts! So cute! I am bummed we missed the play...unfortunatly Benson is sometimes a "scrooge"! lol!

Natalie said...

I LOVE those pink skirts! What a fun tradition.