Monday, November 24, 2008

Rob & Amy Go to Orlando

Every year Rob's company hosts a symposium for their clients. They always do an incredible job and it is one of my favorite trips to tag-along on. This year we stayed at the Grand Floridian in Orlando. It is a GORGEOUS Victorian style hotel on Disney World property. Rob and I extended the trip by 2 days so that we could have some time alone and hit one of the parks.
This is a real gingerbread house that is in the lobby of the hotel. I took this picture from the 2nd floor balcony. It was incredible!!!
Apparently these are the chefs that baked and assembled all of the gingerbread. This was the 10th anniversary of the gingerbread house, so they had a ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday. The ONLY reason I even attended this event, was because I was waiting for Rob to get back from golfing with his clients...I was able to break away from reading my book for just long enough to take this picture and buy some pins for my girls. The book I'm reading is "These Is My Words"...I have heard so many women tell how good it is and I am finally reading it...LOVE it!!!
For one of the client dinners, we were bussed into MGM through a back gate, and this is where we ate dinner. It was in the stadium where the motorcycle stunt show is held. The food was fabulous and the ambiance was great! They even had character artists there that drew every one's picture that was interested. After Rob reminded our table that all they do is accentuate your bad features (i.e. big noses, big ears, etc.) none of us dared to have our pictures drawn.
This is Rob doing some "cork" trick at the lounge. You'd think that since he and I were two of the only ones not drunk, he would've been able to figure this trick out:) I was able to do it (with a little help from one of the ladies that already knew how:)
This is Rob's client Sumeet...it was his birthday on the night we ate dinner at MGM. When the waiter brought his cake out he kept calling out "Suweet" instead of Sumeet...very funny! I was glad to finally meet Sumeet so that he could see that Rob only had one wife...and that I don't wear prairie clothes or my hair in a long braid. He still couldn't resist asking me "which wife are you?"
It is definitely not as fun taking pictures of ourselves at an amusement park as it is taking pictures of our kids...nevertheless, these are the few we came up with. Epcot's ground are gorgeous! We were lucky that they had already decorated for Christmas. I am ashamed of our intolerance for cold weather. It was probably 52 degrees this night at Epcot and you'd think Rob and I were in Alaska by how cold we were. Rob had to capture a picture of me freezing while we waited to see the video of the history of France. I enjoyed seeing all of the neat videos of the different countries...I was lucky to have Rob with me because he has been to almost all of the countries that are represented at Epcot...he was able to give me a more in-depth history lesson:)
Rob took this picture on our way out of Epcot...very cool!
The Epcot Christmas tree
Rob and I are so lucky to have moms that will babysit our kids so that we can go on vacations together. This time was my mom's turn. We don't have any pictures during the time that we were gone, but I got a couple once we got home. This was my mom making M&M turkeys with the kids to take to their teachers at school. The girls always love making crafts and having cooking class with my mom...Thanks for babysitting mom...and cleaning my house...and doing my laundry...and cleaning my carpets...and helping me put up my Christmas decorations!!! Only a grandpa would let a 1 year old play with the kitchen faucet:) Grandpa Clark was nice enough to take all of the girls to see Bolt last night while Grandma, and Rob and I did Christmas decorations...Thanks Grandpa!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had a TON of fun! the hotel looks so pretty... and I LOVE Disney World at Christmas time!

Kyle said...

You guys and your vacations....seriously! What a life!
I love "These is My Words" SO GOOD! I have the sequel if you want to borrow it!
Do you have your decorations up on the outside? I can't wait to take my kids over to see it...better then the temple lights :)

Kahananui said...

I love Orlando!!! I had the best time when I went like 5 years ago! I'm glad you guys were able to get away together...you definitely are living the life! :)I'll have to try to read that book. I've never heard of it. I can tell mom and dad have had such a good time with the kids. I hope she won't be too exhausted by the time I have my baby...I need my carpets cleaned, Mom!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I'd love to do Epcot sometime without any kids! Isn't it great to be the only sober ones surrounded by people making fools of themselves? It's one of my favorite parts of going to Eric's work parties! And your mom and dad must be such fabulous grandparents. Tell them hello for me!

Also, These Is My Words is my #1 favorite book. LOVE IT!!!

Natalie said...

That hotel is amazing, huh?! Holy gingerbread house...I'm sure Rob got some great inspiration and I won't be surprised if he tries to re-create the Grand Floridian version in your yard this Christmas. Epcot is my favorite Disney resort and I'm glad you got to go have some child-free fun. You should have taken a hideous outfit from your mom's Trek stash to sport for Sumeet; that would've been hilarious!