Sunday, November 16, 2008

Field Trip to the Zoo, Glitter? and the Drive-In Movies

This was Ashley's 1st field trip. Even though I drove my own car and met her class at the zoo, she insisted on riding the bus with her classmates. Ashley was a little more interested in posing for pictures than looking at the animals...Hunter was definitely more interested in eating his Cheetos than playing on the playground with Ash. Within minutes of walking into the zoo, at about 9:45, Ashley was already complaining that she was hungry. The 2 of them downed 2 Lunchables and then still ate a kid's meal from the zoo cafe. All of this while not caring too much about any of the animals:( except for the two turtles that Ashley says were "kissing". I imagine these were the same 2 tortoises that her friend Hannah said were laying on top of each other...at least that is what she told her kindergarten class the day that I helped a couple of weeks ago...did I forget to tell you Sarah?
I love these kids!
Should I be more concerned that Hunter got into the girls glitter, or that he knew exactly where to put it??? He didn't put it on a piece of paper, he didn't even dump it on the carpet...he had to put it on his eyelid...yikes!!!
I don't know if he thinks he is cute, or knows that he did something naughty.
Last night we went to the drive-in movie theater to see Madagascar 2. We always throw our big bean bag in the back of the truck and takes tons of blankets and pillows. Last night was perfect weather for a drive-in, only I wish it wasn't so close to the Phoenix airport...Every 2 minutes Hunter would start oohing and aahing, pointing and saying "airplane" in his baby lingo. He wouldn't stop until I would look and acknowledge that it was "really cool".
Our friends the Mallett's came with us and they brought our neighbor Karson. The kids had a blast!

6 comments:

Kahananui said...

That is so cute. I love the picture of Ash and Hunter. You have the cutest kids! That's too funny about the glitter...I guess that's what happens when you live in a house with 4 girls, right?! Did you like Madagascar?? Wow how would it be to be able to go to the drive in movies in mid november...I'm jealous :).

Courtney said...

How FUN! You guys have been busy! Its DEFINITELY that time of year for drive-ins! We'll have to plan one before it gets "too" cold! :)

Kyle said...

On the way to the airport on Wednesday I told Benson I want to take the kids to the drive in movies...that seems like so much fun! We should get a big group and go!
I love Hunters makeup...ha!

Anonymous said...

You are such fun parents! And add me to the list of people who are jealous about being able to go to the drive-thru in November. SO not fair!

Natalie said...

Now I know who the winner of the Manliness Test is...REX! Just kidding. Hunter is darling even in tranny-mode, and Ash is such a sassy, adorable little lady. We can't wait to see you and hopefully, your girls won't tell my girls about the naughty turtles because my girls will talk about that for a year.

Dave and Maren Clark said...

You guys do so many fun things with your kids! I wish we lived closer so we could get together and "party" too.