Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Don't Forget to Vote!!!

I guess my Halloween pictures are going to have to be put off for 1 more day:( The picture above is what Rob and I each found on our nightstands last night when we went to bed. You have no idea how proud this makes me! Brooklyn stayed up last night after we had told her to go to bed, and this is what she made. I am so proud to have such politically active kids! Notice the "Yes 102 Marriage" sign that she also added to her picture. We woke up this morning to find that someone had stolen our "Yes on 102" sign out of our yard. Seriously, is nothing off limits?!!! In spite of the efforts of some, let's just hope that this proposition still passes in Arizona! I was so excited to vote this morning and we only had to wait in line for about 3 minutes...unbelievable!!! This weekend we switched our cable to Directv. Our main goal was to be able to watch the BYU football games, but I think I have discovered something much more exciting. Directv is having an election news mix where on one screen I can see all 8 major news networks reporting on the status of the election with an electoral counter in the corner. What could be more exciting than that?!!! I just wish I was watching a presidential race between Romney and Obama...I guess I will just have to look forward to a ROMNEY for 2012 campaign! I guess I will now go and become a couch potato for the next 24 hours!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm a proud mom and grandma today to have political "junkies" in the family. Way to go Brooklyn and Amy!!!

Kyle said...

You are so funny! I did vote (early)...are you assuming Obama is going to win (just wondering since you said Romney 2012 and not 2016)!

Courtney said...

Daughter like mother... so cute! I LOVE how up to date all your girls are with the elections! How crazy that your sign was stolen out of your yard?!

Natalie said...

That is the coolest and most adorable thing I've ever seen. I still love that Brooklyn wrote a letter to Pres. Bush when she was three. Maybe it'll be Alexander/Clark 2032. :) We are being total couch potatoes, too. What a bunch of political dorks...I mean fantastic citizens. We wrote in Romney for our pres. vote, just in case you were wondering.

Kahananui said...

I wish it was Romney too!!! How cute that Brooklyn made that poster. It's great that your kids know about all that stuff this early. I'm excited to see how it turns out tonight!!! It's kind of fun to live outside of Utah...your vote actually counts :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that the kids are getting so involved in the election process? Yesterday, Parker came home and told me that he "voted for BcKain" at preschool, and was quite disappointed that "blue won" the election. Tonight he was telling me all about "the President's helper-guy that lives right by us!" (VP Biden.) I love it!!