Sunday, May 11, 2008

Camping on the beach in Rocky Point, Mexico

I have so many pictures from our trip to Rocky Point. This is our 2nd time going on Mother's Day with our friends and a bunch of families from their ward. We all take our trailers down(some just take tents) and we camp in the sand right on the beach. The water is awesome and the kids have a blast! It is a lot of work to get there, but always worth it. The night before we left for our vacation, Rob and I searched for Hunter's birth certificate, and couldn't find it anywhere. As busy as I was, I took 2 hours out of my day to drive downtown (where I got lost and thought I ended up in some ghetto in Mexico). I was so sure I would need all the documentation for my kids since they have supposedly "tightened the border". All we had to show coming back to the U.S. from Mexico was Rob's and my passports. Oh well, I guess I would have had to get him a new birth certificate eventually:)


The girls getting their hair braided the 1st day is a must! I can't believe how fast these girls can braid!
I have never seen a baby have so much fun on any trip. Hunter had a blast playing in the dirt, eating the dirt, trying to paint sea shells, eating the paint and the sea shells, eating the fireworks that Rob bought, and falling asleep in the ocean(The picture of him asleep in his floaty is taken from a distance thanks to Rob losing our under-water camera while he was snorkeling. Good going Rob!). I'm glad his sunscreen kept him from getting burnt, but this kid really needed a tan!


I don't know how many times the girls ran down to the ocean to get water to fill the hole that they dug in the sand. I don't think they realized that it absorbed into the sand within seconds of putting it into the hole:)


All the girls did a great job playing with Hunter and keeping him out of too much trouble!
It amazes me how digging in sand can occupy kids for hours!

I brought a bunch of paints for the kids to paint all of the hundreds of sea shells that they collect on the beach. That was a huge hit with all of the kids in the camp! Hunter thought he knew what he was doing, but got bored with the sea shells and moved on to his stomach.



This is the girls wearing the dresses and jewelry that was "almost free for us today". I love how all of those clever salespeople use the same line!

At high-tide one night, the kids all ran the beach hysterically catching fish with their hands. They were everywhere! Alyssa thought she could just keep them as pet until they died, but we finally convinced her to "catch and release".


The kids decorated the hole that they dug for all of the crabs that they found. Aren't all of their painted shells beautiful?
My 2 handsome guys...

None of the girls got out much further than this. I think they were all scared of sharks from all of the recent attacks. We didn't end up seeing any sharks, but we did see a lot of dolphins!
My family and our friend Kelli went on the banana ride. Last year only Kelli and I went because no one else would go. Luckily nobody fell off this time:)

Ladies, check out the pecks on this guy! He had the same problem when we were in Cancun. Either Rob is incredibly muscular, or the Mexicans are super small.
Ashley and her new BFF Paige.

Alyssa lives her life upside down. This girls is always doing some type of gymnastics trick.
Alyssa and her friend Shelby.
Each night ended with a bon fire. Next time we need to take longer roasters for our smores. We did try the huge marshmallows that Kyle found at Bashas(really disgusting by the way, but the kids loved them!). Rob of course had to buy a bunch of fireworks to shoot off. I think this is one of his favorite parts of the whole trip:)

Can't wait for next year!!!




13 comments:

Kyle said...

That trip looks so AWESOME! I wish we would have been able to go! The picture with Rob in the life jacket is hysterical! I seriously am so jealous of your trip!!

The Kriloff Klan said...

Seriously...Fun! We have never been to Rocky Point but now I think we might need to go! Love the life jacket Rob!

Courtney said...

So FUN!! i LOVE the picture of the girls posing with their new dresses!! So CUTE!!

{jennifer} said...

Ok Blogger just "ate" my last comment so here goes again!

Looks like tons of fun and you guys had a big group down there! Hunter looks so happy, he is definitely a beach baby. Maybe we will have to buy a trailer again so we can go next year, it looks like tons of fun!

Debbie said...

That looks like so much fun!!!
We've never been!
Swim lessons were so much better at your pool! SO much warmer..
Aleck was HORRIBLE for the teacher!!
BUT he swam across the pool!

Sarah said...

Amy that looks like sooo much fun. We want to tag along with you next time you go. By the way Rob has more cleavage than I do!! Sad!

Natalie said...

What a fun vacation! I'm glad you got to have a grand time for Mother's Day; you deserve it. Your kids are so cute; I love Hunter's board shorts (capri pants) and the girls' hair braided. Rob's life jacket is pretty sweet, too.

Adam said...

Did Rob steal that life jacket from Hunter?

Looks like a fun vacation.

Kahananui said...

That really does look like a fun trip! I remember going camping in your trailer and playing all kinds of games. That was fun! Anyways, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun, what a great mother's day present!! Those dresses for the girls are so cute...and I love their hair!!

Unknown said...

I think Rob is super sexy.
- Benson

Dave and Jen McDonough said...

What a FUN trip! You did such a great job of documenting everything! Great idea with the paint and the shells and braiding the hair is perfect for playing in the ocean! That seriously looks like the best mother's day!

Anonymous said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! I've never been to Rocky Point and after seeing your pictures I would sure love to go sometime! I'm glad you had such a good time!

Adam said...

Ladies take note: Who needs to get a push-up bra from Victoria's Secret when one can use Rob's life jacket? He has nice clevage!