Sunday, October 12, 2008

We came to Utah for the nice fall weather...this is what we got-

We arrived at my parent's house in Alpine, Utah late Friday night and this is what we woke up to on Saturday morning. We came from Arizona with a high of 100 degrees, to Utah where we have been experiencing a high of 41 degrees. We took this picture Saturday morning from my parents deck in the backyard. You can't even see the mountains...you would have thought my kids had died and gone to Heaven when they woke up to snow:) So much for our day at Lagoon that we had been planning:(We have spent the last two days explaining to my kids what kind of snow you can eat...white is good...brown or yellow is bad:) Alyssa was smart and decided just to stick her tongue out and catch it before it ever hit the ground.
My poor deprived desert children!
Ashley and her cousin Amber...Isn't it amazing how kids forget how cold it is? Amber was even outside with wet hair from her bath.
Today we woke up to even more snow...about 5 inches. Too bad we had to go to church and couldn't spend the morning making a snowman:( Unfortunately, by the time we got home, most of it had melted:(
On Saturday we babysat my nephew Cooper so his parents could go to the BYU football game. Go Cougars!!! Ryan, you should've seen your boy pushing around this pink stroller. Notice that Hunter doesn't have anything in his stroller...he just likes it because it has wheels. Cooper actually put a toy lion in his stroller to push around...he is so motherly:)

4 comments:

Courtney said...

How FUN!! I can't believe its ALREADY snowing!! Too bad you didn't get to go to Lagoon... but it sounds like playing in the snow made up for it!! Glad you guys are having fun!!

Kyle said...

SNOW?! That's fun! It has been "cold" here too...I think it might snow (okay probably not) but the weather has been great (finally)!

Debbie said...

Wow! IT is SOOO beautiful here!!!

Natalie said...

Those pictures are darling and I think I get the "Worst Mom of the Year" award for having a child outside in the snow with wet hair. If only I could strap a harness and leash on her...