Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend

Rob's parents and his sister Brittany (along with her husband), all came to town this weekend. Saturday night while all the boys were at Priesthood, us girls took the kids to a shoe sale at some lady's house, and then to the park to play. I got all 4 of these Steve Madden shoes for $40...can you believe that? And Rob thinks I don't know how to find a bargain...thanks Courtney for showing me how:)
Grandma Jeanne was nice enough to entertain my poor son that has been suffering from separation anxiety...I have no idea why. We didn't last too long at the park...we had to go spend more money at Target!Yes, the Legos all over the floor are there with my permission:) Only because it was conference Sunday:) As a kid, my siblings and I would do the exact same thing. That is the only thing that could keep our interest to sit there for 2 hours:) I don't know who enjoyed this more...Ashley or Rob?!!!
Ashley really struggled with using her "quiet voice" today...between she and Brooklyn, I can't tell you how grateful I am for the pause button on our DVR.
Every year I print our activity pages for the girls to do that helps them pay attention to what is being said. Ashley lasted about 3 minutes...Brooklyn about 10...
Alyssa not only listened to the entire 1st session today...she also took very lengthy and detailed notes. I love this girl!!!

Brooklyn had some what of a distraction today during conference...Last night her Grandma took her shopping for her birthday that is next week and she picked out this Pet Shop house. She thinks it is so cool that this morning when Rob sat down at the table to eat, Brooklyn said, "Dad, I'll bet you wish you were a girl so that you could play with this." And let me tell you, she was dead serious!!!

After we watched the 1st session, Rob had to leave for the airport to fly to Atlanta for a golf tournament:( We were so sad that he didn't get to spend the rest of Sunday with us...but at least this trip is mostly pleasure! So, the girls and I played "beauty parlor" as I got them ready for the day. What ever is Hunter going to do in a house full of girls?!!! Don't they all look cute?!!!

How the heck does a 21 month old boy manage to color the bottoms of both of his feet green? I still haven't figured it out...the only one downstairs with him was Brooklyn, and I don't think she did this. Doesn't he look pleased with himself?!!!

Tonight was Ryan A.'s birthday (I have to add the A. because Rob and I both have brothers named Ryan, and Rob's only sister married a Ryan). The cousins all had fun playing together...except Hunter. Tonight he was more concerned with finding all of the matchbox cars and giving them to me to hold, so none of the other kids could play with them...Sorry Landon!

9 comments:

Kyle said...

Fun weekend! Cute pictures! Where was this shoe sale and why are you just now telling me about it?

Courtney said...

We had such a fun weekend with you guys! You scored on all your shoes!! SO CUTE!

Kahananui said...

I always loved the legos growing up!! You guys do such fun things for your kids. I love the activities to help them pay attention. Hunter is such a cute little boy...I love his green feet!! Love the shoes too, That's a killer deal!!! General Conference weekend is the best, huh?! I missed going out with the girls this year during preisthood. We used to all go to dinner or something. This year, I cleaned my apartment while my husband was at work!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I wish I would have thought of Legos during conference! Add us to the list of families who didn't hear much of what was said. Thank goodness for the Ensign next month!

{jennifer} said...

It was a fun weekend for sure! My kids had so much fun hanging out with the cousins all weekend too. I am so {sad} I didn't find anything at the shoe sale - I sure was being picky but for one I am not graceful enough to wear a 6 inch heel and secondly it would make me almost as tall as Rob - not such a good thing for a girl. Hunter's green feet are awesome - how did he manage that?

Natalie said...

I think I need to find a shoe sale like that; Steve Madden is one of my faves! I can't believe you got such a great deal on adorable shoes. Nice work. The legos are a godsend, aren't they? My kids are just realizing the beauty of building. I can't stop laughing about what Brooklyn said to Rob; that is hilarious! Your kids are so cute and we can't wait to see you!

Pam said...

Sounds like fun. We love Legos at our house and I totally let my kids put them all over the floor too (on a sheet or blanket for easy clean-up too). My little brother's family has a tradition of making a little temple out of Legos each conference weekend. Fun!

Debbie said...

Looks fun! OK I can't beleive how many lego's you guys have!!!

Kyle said...

I stole it off of someone else's blog (I don't even remember who) so no worries...