Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy 9th Birthday Brooklyn!!!

Yesterday was Brooklyn's 9th birthday...I still can't believe I have a 9 year old:( We had a costume party, decorated pumpkins and had the girls do our annual walk through the "Haunted Forest" in my parent's backyard. All of the Clark cousins came to Brooklyn's party (except for Liberty who is in Maryland:( ) and also our friends, the Jones, brought their 3 daughters. Cooper, Rex and Jaxon are missing from this picture because Cooper was busy eating, Rex was asleep and Jaxon didn't have his costume on.

My favorite cake decorator at Kohler's made this cake for the party. She always has such creative ideas! I thought this tombstone cake was appropriate since we were having a haunted forest.

The girls were screaming as soon as they left the house...but, I will say that they were all a lot braver than they were last year. The only kids that had to be carried were Amber and Cooper. Hunter of course didn't even leave the house because he is such a scaredy cat!!! After my comment on my last post about Ryan's little boy being motherly, Ryan has been testing Hunter and Cooper to see which boy is more manly. Hunter was definitely ahead in this contest until Ryan brought out one of the freaky Halloween masks that they use for the haunted forest. Hunter is so scared of those, as soon as he saw it he grabbed Cooper by the shirt and hid behind him...as if a boy 7 months younger could protect him...that was not one of my proudest moments!

Look closely and you will see Rob hiding in the Sheriff's office at the bottom of the hill in my parent's yard. Doesn't he look like the guy on Scream?!!! He really scared the girls when he popped his head out the doorway!

I hid all of the party bags in the "forest" with glow bracelets around the top and the kids were told they couldn't leave the "forest" until all the kids had a bag. It must've been worth it to them because they successfully found all of them. These kids loved those bags of goodies!!!
This is Ashley and her friend Maddy wearing the masks after the boys were finished with them. Do you see why Hunter was so scared?!!! Remember the gorilla...these are much worse!
My sister-in-law Stephanie was the only adult that dressed up in a costume...Doesn't she look adorable?!!!

7 comments:

The Kriloff Klan said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! So sad we aren't up there right now! Oh well! Let's get together when you get back!

Courtney said...

What a fun party!! Poor Hunter... those are some pretty freaky masks! ~Blake and Hunter have the EXACT costume!! Out of ALL the costumes thats what Blake wanted to be... I didn't even know he knew who Batman was. Ryan was pretty upset because he wanted him to be a Starwars guy. :)

{jennifer} said...

What a fun party! Everyone looks so cute in their costumes and the "spook alley" looks pretty freaky with Rob dressed up and scaring the kids! I can't believe you have a 9 year old!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! What a fabulous party! It make me miss my family.

Kyle said...

Fun party! Cute cake!
FYI...I didn't have a melon baller so I used a cookie scoop that I have from Pampered Chef...that might have been part of my problem. Also, I used caramel and in the magazine they used peanut butter chips...anyway, hopefully they turn out cute for you :)

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

so cute! what a fun idea! Ok, where is your parents house..do they have it open for Halloween or other nights, it sounds fun!

My little boy is OBSESSED with Halloween!!!

Kahananui said...

Brooklyn's party really did turn out so cute. That week was a lot of fun...hectic but fun!!! Miss you guys already. I love the superhero theme for your kids. It's so cute and they all look so adorable in their costumes. I bet their excited for Halloween!