Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

For my birthday this year we decided to go to a local resort for the weekend before my birthday. We went to the Squaw Peak Hilton where they have a great water park complete with a lazy river and water slide. Hunter wasn't quite tall enough for the water slides, however, the girls had a blast...Rob and I only lasted a few times. Alyssa and Ashley could have spent all day on the slide:)
The girls playing under the waterfall
The hotel was having a Hawaiian themed weekend with a luau and fun games for the kids. They each got to take a turn at pineapple bowling using coconuts to knock over the pineapples. Ashley threw hers so hard the coconut broke in half.
Alyssa tried really hard to knock them all down:)
Hunter ditched his water wings on the first day of our trip. Rob and I were amazed to see that he can actually swim without them. He has turned in to quite the fish now...He jumps off of the waterfall in our pool and can swim to the side without any help. It is such a relief each time one of my kids has learned to swim on their own!!!
Brooklyn managed to avoid the camera most of the weekend...We finally got a picture of her laying out:)
Alyssa and Hunter spent about an hour breaking part of a coconut into tiny pieces to use as "moisturizer". They even brought some back to the hotel and added it to all of the shampoo and lotion bottles...I'm glad I brought my own!!!
This picture has absolutely nothing to do with my birthday, but I'm posting it anyway:) My girls love to play school and it actually comes in handy sometimes. This is Alyssa going over Ashley's sight words with her. Hopefully Choncho will learn them too:)
On the day of my birthday, I went to lunch with some of my friends. When I came home, Rob had decorated the house with streamers and balloons...Isn't that so sweet?!!!
He also ordered this cute cake for me. Thanks for the great birthday Rob!!!

5 comments:

Kahananui said...

How fun! I love the pics of the girls swimming...you can see how much fun they are having! Happy Birthday! It looks like such a fun week. Your house looks super cute by the way!!

{jennifer} said...

Your birthday looked like fun ! And yay for Hunter being able to swim all by himself! That is a nice present for you:)

Stephanie said...

What a Great Birthday!

Natalie said...

Cool birthday! I'm glad to know the driving force behind all the wonderful kids' birthdays gets to have a special day, too. :) I can't believe how big all your kids are getting.

Kyle said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a fun day...even if I didn't get to go to lunch ;)