Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Best Anniversary Ever!!!

Rob and I have now been married 13 amazing years! This year Rob had to leave the country on a late night flight the day of our anniversary. Because of this, Rob and I celebrated our anniversary the day before. The kids wanted to surprise us with a "romantic" evening before Rob left town. They started planning early in the morning and kept all the details mum, except that we were going to have a romantic dinner on the patio...complete with dessert. They set up on the patio in the backyard and closed all the blinds so we couldn't see what they were doing.
This is the sign that they made...complete with a stand and balloons. I love the way Alyssa spelled anniversary:)
The girls got our card table out of our garage and set up this "romantic" table for us to eat dinner on. They even brought out my ipod with speakers and had the song "Everything I do, I do it for You" playing for us. I especially liked the shoe box lids they used to put the silverware in:)
This was the card they made for us
Here is Rob and I eating our dinner. Brooklyn kept peeking through the blinds trying to get a picture of us kissing...Sorry Brooklyn, we did it while you weren't looking:)
The girls were terrific servers for us. Rob and I were almost in tears it was so adorable!
Alyssa made this for Rob as a present. She also bought us a box of Nerds to share along with a card she bought at Trader Joes. We had gone to Target earlier in the day to get a few things. Alyssa stood in line after us with her money and told me she was going to buy herself some candy. This is quite common because Alyssa has a sweet tooth...Candy is one of the few things she will actually spend her money on:) She is so sneaky, we had no idea those Nerds were actually for us...Thanks Lulu!!!
Alyssa ended our evening by doing a "show". She danced and did some tumbling for all of us:) The only thing as good as being married to Rob for the past 13 years, is having 4 wonderful kids to go along with it:)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

That is adorable! It almost made me cry. They are GREAT kids!!!

Kahananui said...

How cute!! I remember Dave and I doing something like that for mom and dad when we lived in St. George...except we made them easy bake oven for dinner. :) I miss those kids!!! They went all out for you guys...So cute! I can't believe it's been 13 years!! That is amazing!! Love ya

Courtney said...

SO CUTE!! Can I reserve them for next July?? That was such a creative idea!! They are SUCH cute girls! :)

Dannielle said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! That was awesome!!

Natalie said...

I AM in tears! Of course, that's no surprise, but seriously...how adorable is that? Your kids are awesome and I'm glad you had a fantastic anniversary. Congratulations on 13 wonderful years; you and Rob are great examples of friendship, selflessness, communication, and fun--all characteristics I'm trying to build in my life. Thanks for being such great in-laws! :)