Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Alyssa's Baptism and Boating with Friends

Last weekend Alyssa made the decision to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are so proud of her for being such a good example to her little sister and brother. She looked so beautiful in her baptism dress!Alyssa was the first baptism this day and when it came time to go to the font for the baptism, a lot of the water had drained out. The drain was broken and it was emptying quickly. There wasn't enough water for Rob to stand as he baptized her, so he had to kneel:)
Afterwards, all of our family members in attendance came over to our house for lunch. It was a very special day for our sweet little Lulu!
Yesterday some friends of ours took us boating at Saguaro Lake. We had a blast! They have this tube that all of the kids could ride on (and Rob), and it never once tipped over...Very cool! Doesn't Rob look like a giant surrounded by all of those tiny kids?!!! I think he is having the most fun of all:) Hunter didn't like it very much...He only lasted a few minutes. He didn't leave my lap for most of the day.
The kids had a lot more fun after Rob and Hunter got off the raft. Derek couldn't drive fast enough for them:)...especially Sam!
Grace didn't want anything to do with the raft, but she sure loved driving the boat!
This is the closest anyone came to being dumped off the tube. Unfortunately the boat hit a bump at the same time, so this is the best picture we got of Alyssa's feet flying up in the air. Sam fell off right as the boat stopped...He says it was intentional:)
Studly Sam showed us all how to water ski
Alyssa was the only one of my kids that volunteered to learn. After her lesson from Derek, she gave it a shot. She was struggling with getting her skis facing the boat with the tips out of the water. A few minutes later she yelled, "Apparently this isn't working!!!" She finally got her skis straight and got up for a second or two:)
Right before she crashed:)...Look at that smile!
Rob was great at water skiing! He is still a little bent out of shape that he never got his water skiing merit badge because he couldn't slalom. I wonder if he could still get it???
I have NEVER been able to get up on water skis. I tried and tried as a kid and was never successful. Derek promised me he would be able to get me up and he did. I didn't stay up for very long, but I was definitely up:) Lucky for me, all of the pictures Rob took were blurry. He must not have been able to keep the camera steady out of excitement seeing me water ski:)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Those pictures of Alyssa on her baptism day are so cute! I still laugh we I think of Rob on his knees looking eye to eye with Alyssa! :) I'm impressed with all your water skiing talents! WOW! Looks like fun!

Kahananui said...

I'm sooo sad we miss Alyssa's baptism. She is awesome and sooo beautiful! For some reason I thought you were amazing at water skiing? I swear when we went to Lake Powell you were like pro?? How fun to be able to go boating. Proud of Alyssa for getting up...that's so hard!!

Stephanie said...

Wow, what fun!! Congrats to Alyssa! Jaren will also be getting baptized in a couple of weeks. Maybe then I will actually update my blog :)

Natalie said...

Fun ski trip! I haven't ever been up on skis, despite hundreds of tries, but wakeboarding was a bit easier for me. We should all go to Lake Powell one of these years. Lu looks so beautiful in her dress and we were so sad to miss her special day. She's a great example to my kids and we love her so much!

Debbie said...

looks fun! We've only had our boat out once this summer! Need to get out there..If it would only cool down a bit! Hey we were staying at the same hotel as you guys in cali! We came home monday! Funny we didn't run into each other!